Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

info on ductless mini splits

is there any info on here about ductless mini split units?? if so where can i find it

Post Likes
    What do you want to know and what brands?

Post Likes
    Information such as what exactly?
    I havent failed. Ive just found 10,000 ways that wont work. - Thomas Edison

Its not whether you get knocked down, its whether you get up. - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Post Likes
    i am building a 200 SQ FT tiny home on wheels to venture upto alaska next spring. i am looking for a mini ductless mini split with a heat pump. first of all what size BTU'S do i need for such a small space??? and is the heat pump feature worth it on these. i keep hearing people tell me that manfactures make all of these claims but yet the unit's fail to provide heat when it's lower than 40 degrees out!!! i have a brand name in mind that i am considering purchasing wich is the fujitsu unit's as it states that it can heat down to -15 degrees.. now that being said i also need a unit that i can run off of a honda inverter generator wich pushes out 7000 watts. i am also thinking in my case for what i want to do is skip the heat pump option and use a marine stove instead since it will be less of a load on the generator.. and i belive that the units with the heat pumps are all 240 volts and not 110-120 volts???

i am considering fujistsu or the mitsubishi units since they are out selling every one and i prefer to run like hell from the samsungs and LG crap..

and what would be an average cost ball park

oh and how often do these things need to be recharged with freon??

Post Likes
    They should never need recharged so long as there's no leak. Refrigerant is t a consumable material.
    I think RV appliances may be the better bet for your setup.
    Warranty would possibly be null and void in such an installation (defiantly if it was DIY).
    Most of the Samsung and Mitsubishi units we sell are rated for -13*F.
    I'm not sure how well an inverter drive mini would like the power off of a generator.

Post Likes
    this is really getting iffy here. the last time i used an RV A/C unit the unit could not keep up with the demand and the RV was 4 seasons rated and it was working fine according to the ac repair place. to me if it was working fine then it should have been able to keep up with the demand.. as far as the warranty being null and void i think i am gonna have to call fujitsu and see what they say. i think that they even have a clause in the warranty even if you paint the unit wich i won't be doing and i would have the dealer doing the install so i would not be doing it.

Post Likes
    It's all about sizing. A load calculation will show heat loss and gain. Plus the unit may not have been working. I've been a camper for 30 years and never had much of an issue keeping the unit cool.
    I've got my reservations about how a mini will perform and last being in a mobile environment powered off a generator.

Post Likes
    I would suggest that unless the power coming off the generator is of the pure sine wave version and very clean and stable, that any minisplit electronics will have a fit running off that setup. I would be asking the manufacturer their opinion.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    i am gonna be asking the manufacture that question also. i know that the honda and yamaha inverter gererators do use a pure sine wave inverter in them. that's the reason i invested in the honda unit since i will be running things like laptops and printers wich are sensitive!!!!

Post Likes
    hmm just found a climateright air unit with a heat pump that's 100% plug and play

Post Likes
    out of curiousty what are your reservations on how a mini split will perform and last in a mobile enviroment?? the A/C unit in my camper was a dometic unit though i am hearing great things about the coleman machs!!! i don't know if the unit was properly sized up as the manufacture wanted to cut corners to try and keep the cost low on the camper. i am thinking between a 6000 and 9000 BTU unit for 200 SQ FT. i am thinking about a square trade warranty if the unit fails they will more than likely send me a box and i send it back and get my money back and go get a new one

Post Likes
    See post #7.
    I've never heard of Climateright. I wouldn't recommend off brand units as they seldom have any warranty or service support.

Post Likes
    i do agree with you after buying an LG dishwasher once and not being able to get it fixed and after having to fight with there customer service for months to get it fixed and wait longer for parts because LG don't allow there repair people to stock parts UGH. though it looks like an interesting unit but like you said what's the customer support gonna be like and the level of quality. if i read it right the climateright only had a one year warranty if any. more than likely you'll have to send it back to them so the can see whats going on and more than likely it will be the customers fault if the unit screws up so they don't have to honor the warranty. i can see all kinds of nightmares now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast