Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Have an LC, an XL, an MB, And aTP Like em all. No zipper fails, but I lube em about every two months. They're a couple of years old, and look pretty good for the beating they've taken.
    One way to outthink people is to make them think you think. They'll think you're not really thinking what you're trying to get them to think you think...........

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Regardless of what bag you choose... Keep it cleaned out.

I find things get 'tossed in'... and the bag just gets heavier and heavier... takes a toll on one's body.

When I keep mine cleaned out... I find I really do not need the largest bag out there.
    I've found that, with the Veto bags, it's almost impossible to let them get clogged up with junk.

Once the tools are in there, there isn't too much room for 'extras'

Hmmm... I managed to put a bunch of junk in mine... and that 'special' tool I used a month ago... well it is still in the bag. Oh well...

Like cleaning out the van... hate to do it, but it is worth the effort.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

My biggest thing with my smaller cheaper bag is that ya I got a nice weight and handy size but when it takes me 15minutes to strategicly get all my tools crammed back in it and it looks like an over flowing toilet I thinks its time for a more productive bag.

Sent from my HTC Hero S using Tapatalk 2

Can the veto bags survive falling 30 or 40 ft from a ladder? I recently broke the carrying handle from my AWP bag from an accidental drop and it's driving me nuts. Broke my inspection mirror too

Quote Originally Posted by Thermodynamics View Post
    Can the veto bags survive falling 30 or 40 ft from a ladder? I recently broke the carrying handle from my AWP bag from an accidental drop and it's driving me nuts. Broke my inspection mirror too
    Watch out... that inspection mirror could be your doom... <grin>

I would get a new bag... personally done repairs to tool bags that require weight holding seem to not work well.

I suspect the Veto would handle the fall... however I doubt the instruments inside would. Might pull your bag up with a rope... and tie it securely.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Watch out... that inspection mirror could be your doom... <grin>

I would get a new bag... personally done repairs to tool bags that require weight holding seem to not work well.

I suspect the Veto would handle the fall... however I doubt the instruments inside would. Might pull your bag up with a rope... and tie it securely.
    A 30' fall with a 30-50 pound tool bag?

I'm thinking that the base might crack depending on the exact angle that it struck the ground.

I also agree with GA that the instruments inside would probably not handle that fall well, but who knows.

I also, also agree that you need to look at a rope or, my preference, a rope and pulley arrangement to raise and lower heavier items onto a roof.

It is safer and easier and, I believe, technically, the law.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post

I'm thinking that the base might crack depending on the exact angle that it struck the ground.

I also agree with GA that the instruments inside would probably not handle that fall well, but who knows.

I also, also agree that you need to look at a rope or, my preference, a rope and pulley arrangement to raise and lower heavier items onto a roof.

Learn something new every day... thankfully I quit doing RTU's a few years ago... got tired of ladders.

It is easier on one's back (especially low back) and shoulders to NOT carry up a toolbag on a shoulder strap. Maybe a backpack, maybe not... but NOT a shoulder strap.

Now lessee if the Fluke snobs (LOL) come along and say their meters will handle the fall... <grin>
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Learn something new every day... thankfully I quit doing RTU's a few years ago... got tired of ladders.

It is easier on one's back (especially low back) and shoulders to NOT carry up a toolbag on a shoulder strap. Maybe a backpack, maybe not... but NOT a shoulder strap.

Now lessee if the Fluke snobs (LOL) come along and say their meters will handle the fall... <grin>
    I don't believe that it is legal to carry anything up a ladder by OSHA regs. I may be wrong and will not argue the point if someone more knowledgeable comes along. I'm also not saying that I don't do it

I can almost guarantee that one Fluke meter would survive that fall, but not many have a 28ii meter.

http://www.fluke.com/fluke/m2en/digi....htm?PID=74148

Itsa tough bugger....

The sad part is I was using a rope when it fell. It was my fault, should have done a double knot. The bag took a beating, nut drivers went everywhere, inspection mirror broken.

Most of my coworkers use a leather electricians pouch to carry their tools. Personally I was considering one of those klein backpacks or a Veto.

Quote Originally Posted by Thermodynamics View Post
    The sad part is I was using a rope when it fell. It was my fault, should have done a double knot. The bag took a beating, nut drivers went everywhere, inspection mirror broken.

Most of my coworkers use a leather electricians pouch to carry their tools. Personally I was considering one of those klein backpacks or a Veto.
    Learn a couple of REAL knots rather than a "double knot" which is not a proper knot.

I suggest starting with learning the Bowline. It is the knot that I use the most and, once learned, only takes about 2 seconds to tie properly, it will NOT slip or come untied.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9NqGd7464U

Here's a video demonstrating how it is done.

Learn a couple of REAL knots rather than a "double knot" which is not a proper knot.

I suggest starting with learning the Bowline. It is the knot that I use the most and, once learned, only takes about 2 seconds to tie properly, it will NOT slip or come untied.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9NqGd7464U

Here's a video demonstrating how it is done.
    Haha not knocking that at all, we had a guy that would always say that. He told me that one time, took over, tied real knot, then tossed over edge and as the knots came undone my stuff never even slowed it's 50ft real knot free fall.

Agree, the bowline knot is one of the most useful knots one can tie... takes a few tries to figure out... then it is one of those things one does not know how they lived without...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast