+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help me choose please.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes

Help me choose please.

So I know there are lots of threads on here already about the veto bags but I don't have the patients to read through them all looking for the input I would like, so please bear with me. So I'm finally going to purchase a veto bag and I cannot decide between the Tech LC or the LC. They seem pretty much the same a few minor differences from what I can tell from the internet, and since there are no dealers around here who sell them for me to look at hands on, I'm putting all my trust in you guys! I do mainly residential install and service.
    Thanks guys.

Sent from my HTC Hero S using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    It sounds like you have have your heart set on purchasing a Veto bag, but have you considered going to your local Home Depot and seeing the selection of bags/pouches there? You will definitely save yourself a few bucks. And they are decent quality for the price.

I personally have a good quality Husky brand bag (very durable) from there which i would recommend, as well as a smaller Kuny's electricians bag. They've served me well so far.

Good luck with your purchase.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

In a kitchen with my head stuck in an oven
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by eeeVAC View Post
    I personally have a good quality Husky brand bag (very durable) from there which i would recommend...
    I carry company-provided tools now, but needed a decently small carry-around (I didn't like what they provided me). So, I picked me up this the Husky 10" tote for less than a twenty.

husky_tote.jpg

I wanted something that held its shape inside for main storage.

WELL...I got what I paid for. Within a month, an exterior pouch abraded through. Now, after nine months, I've had to cut away half the pouches on two sides of the tote because they all sprung leaks. I think the rigidity of the formed center storage was the undoing for the soft pouches on the outside.

Their tool bags probably would prove to have a longer service life.

Post Likes
    Lowes caries AWP bags which look about the same as veto's to me but in sure tgey arent as good of quality. I don't own either though

Post Likes
    ^^^^^Combination tool bag, organizer, seat, step stool, trash can, mini bench etc. All for about $12 bucks.

Another cheap 10" Husky tote for installs and a traditional tool belt/bag for RTUs.

I'd rather spend my money on the tools...not the totes. I love being able to replace any of my bags with the spare change collecting in my vehicles

Post Likes
    No complaints with the LC after 2 years plus.

Veto are expensive bags, but a 5 year warranty makes them worth it in my mind.

Replacing tools that fall out of bags that are cheap but holey is expensive, too. Been there.

Post Likes
    I have the Tech LC. I've tried a lot of different bags, and by far it is the best.

Post Likes
    Home Depot and Lowe's bags (tried both at one point or another) don't last as long. And when I had mine (3-4 years ago now), they didn't have solid bottoms...so if you have more or heavier tools in one side, bag tips over while working. I have the Veto XL and I LOVE it!

Post Likes
    I've also had those bags before and they just don't last. So it seems the LC is the way to go it seems less bulky then the tech bag and I prefer less bulky.

Post Likes
    Regardless of what bag you choose... Keep it cleaned out.

I find things get 'tossed in'... and the bag just gets heavier and heavier... takes a toll on one's body.

When I keep mine cleaned out... I find I really do not need the largest bag out there.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *The value of comfort, over the long term; leave economic choices behind!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post

I find things get 'tossed in'... and the bag just gets heavier and heavier... takes a toll on one's body.

When I keep mine cleaned out... I find I really do not need the largest bag out there.
    Big Amen to that. Amazes me how quickly that "I might need that [screw, small part, cool little spade/molex interface, piece of plumbers strap etc] some time" can lead to a few extra pounds. More than once I've discovered and old 5 or 10 uF cap down at the bottom.

And that's the biggest problem with the Homer bucket - you have to keep the weight further away from your core than with a bag you can carry closer to your legs or slung over you shoulder all cool like James Dean with your leather jacket and shades.

Which brings me to the second biggest problem: It's just not what the cool techs are carrying. In fact it's kind of dorky. You know it's not cool when the old folks are the only ones pointing to it and saying stuff like "that's a really nifty tool box you got there..." Sometimes I suspect even they are surpressing a smile and rolling their eyes behind their shades.

Fortunately I'm too old to care...

Post Likes

I've found that, with the Veto bags, it's almost impossible to let them get clogged up with junk.

Once the tools are in there, there isn't too much room for 'extras'

Post Likes
    I bought 3 Tech LC for us. We love them. They are far better than other brand bags I've tried. The local branch of our supply house sold 10 more bags based on other guys seeing ours.
    I haven't used the Veto LC.

Post Likes
    Done the HD and Lowes bags... use a VETO now. In June it will be 3 years old... only problem is a zipper that failed (did not exchange it, it is a front pouch and I can do fine with it open.

I have the XL, may have to look at the ProPack next time.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

*The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)

Post Likes
    Have an LC, an XL, an MB, And aTP Like em all. No zipper fails, but I lube em about every two months. They're a couple of years old, and look pretty good for the beating they've taken.
    One way to outthink people is to make them think you think. They'll think you're not really thinking what you're trying to get them to think you think...........

Post Likes
    Hmmm... I managed to put a bunch of junk in mine... and that 'special' tool I used a month ago... well it is still in the bag. Oh well...

Like cleaning out the van... hate to do it, but it is worth the effort.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Post Likes
    My biggest thing with my smaller cheaper bag is that ya I got a nice weight and handy size but when it takes me 15minutes to strategicly get all my tools crammed back in it and it looks like an over flowing toilet I thinks its time for a more productive bag.

Post Likes
    Can the veto bags survive falling 30 or 40 ft from a ladder? I recently broke the carrying handle from my AWP bag from an accidental drop and it's driving me nuts. Broke my inspection mirror too

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermodynamics View Post
    Can the veto bags survive falling 30 or 40 ft from a ladder? I recently broke the carrying handle from my AWP bag from an accidental drop and it's driving me nuts. Broke my inspection mirror too
    Watch out... that inspection mirror could be your doom... <grin>

I would get a new bag... personally done repairs to tool bags that require weight holding seem to not work well.

I suspect the Veto would handle the fall... however I doubt the instruments inside would. Might pull your bag up with a rope... and tie it securely.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Post Likes
    Watch out... that inspection mirror could be your doom... <grin>

I would get a new bag... personally done repairs to tool bags that require weight holding seem to not work well.

I suspect the Veto would handle the fall... however I doubt the instruments inside would. Might pull your bag up with a rope... and tie it securely.
    A 30' fall with a 30-50 pound tool bag?

I'm thinking that the base might crack depending on the exact angle that it struck the ground.

I also agree with GA that the instruments inside would probably not handle that fall well, but who knows.

I also, also agree that you need to look at a rope or, my preference, a rope and pulley arrangement to raise and lower heavier items onto a roof.

It is safer and easier and, I believe, technically, the law.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in