+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Engineering Excellence

Post Likes

Post Engineering Excellence

Hello Everyone,
    Can someone give any info on Engineering Excellence based out of Ohio? From their website they look top notch. Any help would be apprecieated.

Post Likes
    I do some work for them, accounts that they have that are in Miami and surrounding areas..
    In dealing with them, they are top notch. They "know" their stuff.
    But, you MUST cross every "t" and dot every "i".

Post Likes
    EEI is mostly sales and smoking mirrors. The ratio of office to service personnel is at least 3 office persons to one service tech, if not more. What they have going for them is an excellent sales force and marketing team. They are extremely smooth. However, as a technician, there is no way that I would work for them. There is a constant high turnover rate of technicians (even though they had won a self-nominated award for being the best contractor in the Midwest to work for). Also, be aware, EEI has a reputation for using their lawyers at the slightest perceived provocation or deviation from their interpretation of contract language.
    See, the human mind is kind of like... a piñata. When it breaks open, there's a lot of surprises inside. Once you get the piñata perspective, you see that losing your mind can be a peak experience. ~Jane Wagner

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ammonianite View Post
    EEI is mostly sales and smoking mirrors. The ratio of office to service personnel is at least 3 office persons to one service tech, if not more. What they have going for them is an excellent sales force and marketing team. They are extremely smooth. However, as a technician, there is no way that I would work for them. There is a constant high turnover rate of technicians (even though they had won a self-nominated award for being the best contractor in the Midwest to work for). Also, be aware, EEI has a reputation for using their lawyers at the slightest perceived provocation or deviation from their interpretation of contract language.

Thanks Ammonianite,
    Got any suggestions for decent commercial companies that cover Northern KY?

Post Likes
    TP Mechanical is a rising service organization in the Columbus-Cincinnati-Lexington-Louisville regions. Top team of techs. Streamlined management.
    I have also heard that Benner is good (their home office is in Northern KY).
    Osterwich Mechanical might also be a good option.
    See, the human mind is kind of like... a piñata. When it breaks open, there's a lot of surprises inside. Once you get the piñata perspective, you see that losing your mind can be a peak experience. ~Jane Wagner

Post Likes
    no commet
    Last edited by temp rise; 01-30-2007 at 08:56 PM.

Post Likes
    Wow, thats horrible! Was recommended these guys from someone who used to live in Ohio but never worked for them. Maybe he was just going by their website. Looks can be very deceiving. Glad I came across this forum!

Post Likes
    I guess I'd better withdraw the comment. I wasn't thinking. The legal ramifications may be severe. I stand corrected. Indeed, No comment would
    have been the more appropriate response.

Post Likes
    A national service company will sub the work out to a local contractor.Why not cut out the middle man?
    Take your time & do it right!

Post Likes
    EE must have a fleet of 500 vans, see them everywhere.

Osterwich Mechanical does lots of mall work from what I have seen. not sure where they are based out of.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cold coffee View Post
    EE must have a fleet of 500 vans, see them everywhere.

Osterwich Mechanical does lots of mall work from what I have seen. not sure where they are based out of.
    Believe they have a shop in Silverton. Heck in our biz, your based out of where your techs live.
    All those EE techs out and nobody has anything good to say??
    eventu rerum stolidi didicere magistro

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in