Health Marketing

the thing i wanna know is...
    if everyone is America is too fat , then why is everyone "lacking on vitamins"?

"oh...well...you see, you're over nutrition-ated, ...but you're not getting THE RIGHT KIND of nutrition!"

it doesn't work that way.
    cultures have been surviving on limited diets since the beginning of time.
    you either have sufficient nutrition or you don't
    whatever negative effects are caused by a limited diet are minimal.
    as a matter of fact, people cause most of their own health problems by eating too much.

for someone who doesn't work in sales ,i've been to a lot of sales classes, and i know that the biggest lesson in getting people to buy your product , is to create a NEED for it, you tell people whatever BS you need to , to make people think they can't live without it.

who created a better need for products than the "health experts" and the government?

back in the old days, everyone wanted Iceberg lettuce.
    if you didn't sell Iceberg lettuce, you weren't going to sell lettuce, you may as well not even put that other crap on the shelf.

what happened?

well the "health experts" came out and said Iceberg lettuce has "no nutritional value" , and the selling agent, the media, made it well known.

now everyone puts weeds and other crap in their salad.
    they probably had the other kinds of lettuce frozen since 1924 because they didn't know what to do with it.

"what the hell am i going to do with all this broccoli?"
    "well , don't you know? that's the WONDER VEG!"

people think the days of crooks selling magic tonic are long gone.
    it's not gone, its just gone national.

i was watching Shark Tank and one of the billionaires said on national TV the vitamin industry is a sham.
    what ever they put of those pills, you pee out.

i used to listen to Dr. Drew on the radio.
    he said "the temptation for a doctor to endorse a product is always there. It's always tempting to pay off your pool"

on the subject of taking potassium supplement, Dr. Drew also said , "If you were to actually change the potassium level in your body by a fraction of a percent, you would cause yourself all kinds of defects and other health issues."

the government wants to regulate energy drinks and vitamin supplements.
    why? is it because they are worried about people's health?
    NO! it's because these businesses are so large the government feels it needs a larger cut of the profits.
    by regulation these industries, the government decides who can become rich by selling magic beans, and who can not.
    ....that's what our government is good for.

What I would like to know is how pharmaceutical companies reimburse/bribe doctors to peddle their drugs? Do they flat out write them a check?

God made your body capable of regulating most things. The one problem is, you have to have things in your body in order for it to regulate, use or balance. Some things can be stored in the body while others cannot.

I am an avid road cyclist and it is very important what I consume before and during a ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    What I would like to know is how pharmaceutical companies reimburse/bribe doctors to peddle their drugs? Do they flat out write them a check?
    No they don't give them money directly. They roll into the office a few times a month and shower everybody there in schwag like free tickets to ________… or buy lunch for the office etc. and the reps who are just salesmen actually "train " the doctors on the products they supply. Most doctors after college get more data about pharmaceuticals from the rep. So what do you think that doctor is going to prescribe? I don't believe docs are being evil they are just human and falling for a sales tactic and model that produces profit.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by boilerman856 View Post
    No they don't give them money directly. They roll into the office a few times a month and shower everybody there in schwag like free tickets to ________ or buy lunch for the office etc. and the reps who are just salesmen actually "train " the doctors on the products they supply. Most doctors after college get more data about pharmaceuticals from the rep. So what do you think that doctor is going to prescribe? I don't believe docs are being evil they are just human and falling for a sales tactic and model that produces profit.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
    Around here there are catering companies who also..... cater... to pharmacutical reps who provide a lot of free lunches to doctors offices. My doctors office.... his building has 3-4 doctors and staff...... always has a room set up with some really nice food that is sent in by the pharm reps. Ive seen it.... Ive heard the docs and staff talking about what is being brought in nearly every time I am at the doc.

Working in the biz, hvac,..... Ive also seen this same setup at other doctors offices.

Eat fresh vegetables for your vitamins...... use fresh products instead of processed foods from a tin or fancy package..... get your ass off the couch and do something outside in the sun......
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN