new trane I 20 air handler questions West Central florida

I am getting estimates on a new system as my trane is on its last leg (13 years) and I did go to the contractor map and they came out and did (imagine this) a real Manual j, came out looked at ducts and a gave me a estimate.

My question is he is suggesting a few different units but I do want the VS unit,

4TWZ0036B Heat pump
    TAM7ao36B Air handler
    BAYEVAC05LG heat
    TCONT900 therm

I have about 1800 square in WC florida and he is reworking my returns and putting in a larger couple of ducts and sealing the existing 5 year old duct work as it never was sealed with mastic. The owner a real nice guy and the local company is a Father Son company. The owner told me that my internal pressure is way to high and reworking the ducts return air will correct this which makes tons of sense and I have read that here in the last few months researching a new unit here on this site. I like the company and will not nickel and dime him on a PROFFESIONALLY installed and properly sized and adjusted system as I have read here is what I need.

The question I have is the communicating part of the above, don't I want a Tam 8 for that part and the thermostat. I am not sure if I want to deal with the Trane clean air effects but I will research that this weekend.

Any advise please and thanks

Starting to read, I was wondering why not a TAM8 too.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

You would need the TAM8 to use the XL900 or XL950.

Are they sure you only need a 5 kW heat strip on a 3 ton system? If they did a load calc they would know. I know you're in FL, so maybe defrost cycles aren't even a thing where you are (with Trane's demand defrost logic). Just more typical to see 5 kW heater packages installed with 1.5-2 ton systems.

the 20 i with the tam8 and xl950 control is a very nice setup ,i would skip the cean effects and get a april air 2200 media filter. Trane has a nice media filter except there filters are too expensive
    We really need change now

I will call him Monday but I thought that was what I needed. As for heat, IDK I am in Florida and do occasionally need heat but not often. I have the load calc but don't know how in the hell to read it! The total

April air cleaner???

Heat loss says 35099 and the strip heat KW shows 10.3 and aux heat on the bottom shows 4.0 supplemental strip.
    Last edited by roth79; 03-22-2013 at 08:01 PM. Reason: change

the 10 kw will carry the whole load in case of outdoor unit failure , if you get the tam8 with the 950 control it wll stage the auxillary heat
    We really need change now

Cat thanks bro but Chinese to me, I will research it by reading more, what filter do you think with your suggested combo I20 tam 8 and the 950?

So I should ask him for a 10kw strip and the tam 8 and see what he says? Any idea on air filter, just 5in pleated?

two 3 kw strips is more than enough

unless climate change
    means ice age is nearing
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

BAYEVAC05LG heat

Thanks Dan is that it above?

Quote Originally Posted by roth79 View Post
    BAYEVAC05LG heat

Thanks Dan is that it above?
    5 KW

http://www.nationalairwarehouse.com/...rane/TAM8A.pdf
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities