+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How do I......

Post Likes

How do I......

Adjust this motor to tighten the belt a little. New unit. No books on job. Not sure. Dont wanna mess something up on Friday afternoon. Still have more calls and dont want this church to be down this weekend. Sorry if its a dumb question but better safe than sorry. Thanks for any help.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Likes
    Should be bolts or nut on back side of bottom plate as well. In between rails theres slide openings you'll have to manually push motor too right after loosening all 4.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mattthehatt80 View Post
    Should be bolts or nut on back side of bottom plate as well. In between rails theres slide openings you'll have to manually push motor too right after loosening all 4.
    Sorry that's not a carrier is it. I just looked quickly.

Post Likes
    Looks like the motor plate is adjustable up and down on the first view. Problem for you if the belt is already loose is the belt is already at its maximum adjustment. Next time or now put on a shorter belt and adjust the motor plate up. Interesting in that they marked the hold down bolts for the motor.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Post Likes
    No its a trane. Maybe these pix will show it better. If i loosen those bolts and push, theres no holes to put the bolts back in. Im confused.

Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Likes
    The motor plate moves up or down on just one side. The bolts that look like all thread need the bottom nuts loosened push the motor plate down and tighten the top nuts to the motor plate. Does not look like you have alot to play with. As DealtT stated before, you may need to go with a smaller belt next time.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rantis View Post
    The motor plate moves up or down on just one side. The bolts that look like all thread need the bottom nuts loosened push the motor plate down and tighten the top nuts to the motor plate. Does not look like you have alot to play with. As DealtT stated before, you may need to go with a smaller belt next time.
    What rantis said. In the first picture the bolts on the left are the swivel point. The bolts on the right with long studs are the adjustment. The factory installed the maximum belt length so there is no more adjustment to tighten left. If a smaller belt is installed then the plate swivels up from the left and you should notice two nuts on the right studs. One nut is on top of the motor plate and the other below the motor plate. Adjust the upper bolt to hold the motor plate in place so it can't more up toward the blower itself. And the nut on the stud below the motor plate will also hold the motor place in place to keep the motor plate from moving down or tightening the belt anymore.

Try that and see if it doesn't work but the existing belt is already too long for adjustment for tightening.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Post Likes
    Thanks everybody. Im going back next week. Was just doing a spring pm at this church. My first time there. The unit is new and just installed a couple months ago. I turned it on and heard it squeal on startup. It felt a little loose so I thought I would adjust it. Then when I pulled the panel off, I just wasnt sure what to do. I will pick up a smaller belt before I go back next week. Thanks again.

Post Likes
    If its that new chances are sheave may not be set up properly either which would change that tension as well. I would suspect that too. How new is it literally that belt should last a while unless its running 16+ hrs a day. Watch your amp draw though. I would go that route before downsizing belt. Very common for sheaves to come basically all the way out.

Post Likes
    Adjust the sheave pulley to get amps close to plate rating of motor. I will adjust it close then check amp draw from wires out of the cabinet so you can close the door to get accurate reading.. To tight of belt tension will cause premature bearing failure..
    Bruce

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in