Honeywell Prestige Thermostat question

Just had a new AC unit installed and as part they gave me a Honeywell Prestige THX9321 thermostat. There's something odd and I'm not sure if it's a problem or just the way this particular thermostat works.

I have the heat set to 62 at night and the "wake" time is 6AM when it's set to go to 68. My old thermostat would come on at 6AM and begin bringing the house up to 68. I noticed at 5AM that the heat was on and when I looked at the thermostat it said "recovery".

Does this particular model work so that the house actually gets back up to your desired temp by the "wake" time so it needs to actually begin working on it earlier? That's what "recovery" meant to me but I wasn't sure.

Just trying to understand and I didn't see it in the Operating Manual.

Thanks!

You are correct.

It is called "adaptive intelligence recovery."

Basically it means, if want you it to be 68 @ 7 am....the system will come on sometime before 7 to make sure the temp is exactly 68 @ 7 am. It will learn how long it takes your system to reach the desired point from setback.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Ridley View Post
    You are correct.

It is called "adaptive intelligence recovery."

Basically it means, if want you it to be 68 @ 7 am....the system will come on sometime before 7 to make sure the temp is exactly 68 @ 7 am. It will learn how long it takes your system to reach the desired point from setback.
    Terrific! User manual doesn't really get into a lot of this but I'll check their site to see if I can find some more in-depth info.

I have it set at 6AM so the house would get warm enough by 7AM....but it looks like I don't have to try to fool these new thermostats

It is a option to turn off the intelligent recovery and work like the old stat did.