Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Well I have heard of people just using regular firebricks from a brickyard but the Quad bricks are a pumice material which is a little different. If you want an OEM brick there should be dealers all over in NY. Otherwise I could always order one and ship it. Would just need to know which # brick it is out of the manual. I assume you have a Bodega Bay?

Ordering bricks

My local dealer wants the serial number before ordering a set of bricks, which I'd be fine with providing if I could find it If you can order them for me, I'd be very happy, upon closer inspection today there are 3 cracked for sure - do you know how much the whole set is ? vs ordering individuals?

I think the serial number is on a metal tag on the left side of the unit behind the surround panel. I can look into the bricks one day next week.

Quote Originally Posted by brookbvt View Post
    Hello,
    i tried to find a replacement fan for the stove that wasn't sold by quadrafire to save some money. Does anyone know what manufacture makes the fan?.. the only problem with the current fan is the bearing squeek
    Same problem here, I just ordered a $200 replacement. There has got to be a way to rebuild the fan with new bearings. After I get the new one I will rip the ol;d one apart and see if I can find parts. I'll post here if I can. Any suggestions would be appreciated thanks guys. Damn dust in the bearing s is killing us.

Exclamation

first of all, those are permanently lubricated bearings in that blower. Squirting 3 in 1 oil may actually hasten its demise so don't.

Second, this guy is a spammer looking to sell parts. He posted his website over the photo in a sloppy attempt at free advertising. He has been reported and will be banned.

Use OEM parts. If it fails, send it back if under warranty.

3 in one oil isn't the right oil for blower motors. Usually motor manufacturers recommend 20 weight non-detergent motor oil. In a pinch, I've used some Slick 50 oil that I bought about 15 years ago. It comes in a can with a pump applicator and spout. Haven't seen it in store for years, and I hoard what I have. I've oiled motors with it before and it lasts forever. Really is handy for motors that are hard to access or have to be dismantled to get to the bearings.
    One way to outthink people is to make them think you think. They'll think you're not really thinking what you're trying to get them to think you think...........

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123