Decommissioning hvac equipment

I remember reading on here somewhere about decommissioning hvac equipment, i believe someone posted a link to a government site regarding this.
    Does anyone know where i can find this information.
    One site in particular will be shut down perhaps for several years ind since its in the pharma sector they may have even more stringent guidelines.
    Thanks for the help
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

Nothing huh?
    Im still waiting to hear exactly what the owners want but im under the impression they want the bare minimum in utilities since this 100,000 sq ft building will be empty.
    I need guidelines on minimum air flow per sq ft etc.
    Anything?

I was hoping to see a reply on this as well , interesting topic I don't ever remember seeing before.

I guess any coils or vessels with water should be drained , electrical service removed or locked , belts loosened , outside air dampers secured closed , hinged doors secured closed . In the case of a chiller or any machine containing X amount of refrigerant check that relief piping is in place and free from obstruction ( and ventilation means left operational ? ). Perhaps a back up of BAS controllers and front end ? Plastic over duct openings ? Natural gas valves shut and handles removed ? Ignition circuits disabled ? Compressor control circuits disabled ? Condensate drains taped shut ( outside ) ? All I can think of right now.

are you wanting to take it out of service permanently or just temporary like a couple of years is the property for sale . if you are in an area that is subject to freezingtemps just set the heating setpoints low and fans in auto and turn off as many of the units as you canand follow the manufacterers guide lines for long term shutdown. the reason you need to leave the heat on is for the fire sprinkler system as far as I know you cant disable it due to insurance regs and fire codes

Im guessing it could be a few years but im not sure, at this point i don't think anyone is sure with what they are going to do.

Besides the regular checks i cant really drain the system since again im sure there are air change out and building integrity issues to deal with.
    They are already talking about removing the seimens system which would make life 10 times easier for me including keeping track of things , monitoring etc.

Im guessing on just setting things to their minimum and letting it rock as well as preventive maint.