Confused honeywell prestige 2.0 or NEST

I am a new home owner. I have a 2500 SQF house that is not zoned. The current thermostat is located up stairs. It is not programable. I have narrowed my choices down to Honeywell or NEST. Does anyone have a prefrence on what is better and why? Installation is not an issue for me as I will have someone come out to install the honeywell. Any advice would be great. Thank you.

After dealing with Nest tech support for a customer, I'd be hard pressed to recommend them. Can't say Honeywell is much better but documentation, dealer training, distributor support is much better and with their history, they will be around in the future. I have a Prestige IAQ 2.0 doing great. Not hooked to the web though I know of others that are. Did a job for a friend at a church that came out pretty slick.

Honeywell Prestige 2.0 is the clear winner for me. I added the Redlink Wireless Gateway to our system so I can access it from my iPhone or iPad remotely. I also have the Personal Comfort Control which doubles as a remote thermostat at the far end of the house when the temperature there is critical.
    The Nest looks cool but it seems to be glitz over substance. Our customers have nothing but good things to say about the Prestige.

Quote Originally Posted by kdean1 View Post
    Honeywell Prestige 2.0 is the clear winner for me. I added the Redlink Wireless Gateway to our system so I can access it from my iPhone or iPad remotely. I also have the Personal Comfort Control which doubles as a remote thermostat at the far end of the house when the temperature there is critical.
    The Nest looks cool but it seems to be glitz over substance. Our customers have nothing but good things to say about the Prestige.
    I also agree go with the Honeywell. They have made t-stats for years and are a good product. Once I became nest certified we installed a few no one knocking down the door to purchase one.

While I belive their is a market for them they just don't make sense to install over the Honeywell. I have a Honeywell 803 series in my house now. I had the comfort link one installed and liked it but never really used all the features. My next test stat will be Trane comfort link II. We have installed serval with little to no problems and with my Trane system will give me more control over system function.

Nest has very serious quality issues. Depending on your system type, the 2 types of failures I've seen with them could potentially end up costing you more in energy than you could have hoped to save by installing it in the first place.

If you have a heat pump system, the Nest thermostat is not capable of running the heat pump's auxiliary heat as emergency heat if there is a problem with the heat pump.

The 2nd generation Nest thermostat can only operate one system accessory, humidifier, dehumidifier/dehumidification mode, ventilation, etc., so if you have multiple accessories, you will need additional controls for them.

My company has never installed a Nest thermostat, but we have run more calls for failed Nest thermostats in the last 2 months than we have for Honeywell or Ecobee thermostats in the last several years.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Honeywell wi-fi 8000 (almost like)

Honeywell prestige works great, looks great, operates my zoned system 3 stage heat, 2 stage cool and multiple color screen options. I also have one with interface module connected wirelessly to my pool equipment. All connected to gateway for internet access. Outstanding system with zero problems or reliability issues