UPG York multiple error schematic

Usually I dis on other installers or hack service stuff. This diagram had me giggling a bit. Pretty basic stuff we see all day on any W72 or W74 series econo modules. So just took a few moments to move a few wires around at the economizer and fix low voltage wiring at the board thermostat terminals.
    But, count the number of things wrong with this economizer wiring diagram.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

It's sideways!!!
    Psalm 51:10, 12

Quote Originally Posted by ldmth44 View Post
    It's sideways!!!
    That was my guess....Are we right?
    Every customer you take for granted today will be someone else's tomorrow.

I wish it was that simple.
    Y1 is correct as for wiring to terminal 1 of the W74 module but that is it. They have Y2 going to Y1's output terminal 2, Y2 should be wired to terminal 3. So when economizer closes Y1 output it is only energizing the Y2 terminal of the main board, which in this unit, it will just set there idle.

The latching relay operated by the fan signal is redundant, causes voltage feedback to the W terminal to energize heat anytime the fan terminal is energized. Thus thermostat calls for cooling, G is energized, because of relay set-up...so is the boards W terminal. So turn fan from AUTO to ON and you get HEAT, too.

So, for the novice, where is the wiring between the thermostat economizer junction block and the main control board terminals?
    Drawing is just giving the impression to hook everything in parallel, so Y1 from thermostat to Y1 of economizer block and Y1 of main board.

So on this strip mall I just took over last week, I have fourteen of these York units in which the economizer kit was installed in good faith by the original company about eight years ago. The economizer kit comes with a this wiring diagram as a sticker to adhere to the door once the economizer was installed. I can see where they tried and failed and then just threw their hands in the air..left fourteen economizers inoperable and just went all conventional.

I have seen some doozy wiring diagrams in my career, but nothing like this from a reputable company.