Thread: frigidaire systems

Post Likes

Question frigidaire systems

Can anyone tell me how frigidaire systems rate in the hvac world?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by EZFLO View Post
    Can anyone tell me how frigidaire systems rate in the hvac world?
    I know ya didnt ask, but this might give ya a perspective of the company and or their products:

They own the resi freezer industry, there is only one other company making resi freezers. (the home, stick your veggies in kind.) They are marketed under several brand names. (some of the Sears Kenmore even) Their home refrigerators, and home washer and dryers are the cheapest quality in the market.

This was stated to me by a self employed independant appliance repair guy. Maybe he got stiffed by them, I dunno.

Post Likes
    I used to feel that they were kinda cheap. But after installing a few I've found that they are reliable and are a good piece of equipment. Your not paying for the name, like some other brands. Alot of bang for the buck. I haven't had one callback on the ones that I've installed. Maybe that is saying more about me than the equipment. Nordyne makes them, along with a bunch of other brands. Try doing a search on Frigidaire.
    Hvac Maniac

"A negative attitude cancels out positive skills."

Post Likes
    Benny will be along shortly, he sells them.

We've put in a few under the Tappan name. Very well thought out, serviceman friendly. Quiet units, the better outdoor units have slow speed fan motor and swept wing fan blade. Good warranty.

Of course, proper sizing & installation is very important and hard to get.

Post Likes
    Nordyne is the company, Gibson, Grand-Aire, Tappen, Philco and Frigidare plus a couple of others are the brands. Easy to service, no fighting for warrany approval and stand-up better to salt and salt air than the major brands.

Post Likes

Check out this link

'Life begins with the journey each day'

Post Likes

Smile

Thanks guys for your input.

GOD BLESS!

Post Likes
    I have been a Frigidaire dealer for 6 years. Good warranty. No claims yet. According to copeland, the Frigidaire line had the fewest warranty claims in the past. They have the only 23 SEER a/c that I know of. Can't wait to put one of those in.

Post Likes

Confused Frigidaire 23 seer units

Quote Originally Posted by EverettsHVAC View Post
    I have been a Frigidaire dealer for 6 years. Good warranty. No claims yet. According to copeland, the Frigidaire line had the fewest warranty claims in the past. They have the only 23 SEER a/c that I know of. Can't wait to put one of those in.
    I am looking into a 23 seer unit and would like to know if you have had any experience with them. Thank you!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by riderman View Post

They own the resi freezer industry, there is only one other company making resi freezers. (the home, stick your veggies in kind.)
    Frigidaire central AC's HP's, and furnaces are NOT made by Frigidaire, they are made by Nordyne, who bought the rights to use the Frigidaire name.

The Frigidaire home refrigerator has nothing to do with the central systems.

Post Likes

Re: Fridgidaire HVAC

Just a little addition to the mix - the Fridgidaire name IS licensed by Nordyne -the USA distributer of the Swedish company Electrolux.

Post Likes
    [QUOTE=riderman;1353613]I know ya didnt ask, but this might give ya a perspective of the company and or their products:

They own the resi freezer industry, there is only one other company making resi freezers. (the home, stick your veggies in kind.) They are marketed under several brand names. (some of the Sears Kenmore even) Their home refrigerators, and home washer and dryers are the cheapest quality in the market.

This was stated to me by a self employed independant appliance repair guy. Maybe he got stiffed by them, I dunno.[/QUOTE People think when they see a brand name that everything comes out the same factory! Kenmore probably has a couple dozen outfits building their appliances and then they put their name on it. Fridgidaire is the same way, and so are many others. Nordyne has nothing to do with a fridgidaire freezer or washer. I just bought my wife a kenmore front load washer and dryer, the washer is made by fridgidaire, and the dryer in mexico by some other branch, but they still say kenmore!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in