Quote Originally Posted by RyanHughes View Post
Definitely understandable. The fact that you demo various products and test them to understand their function speaks toward your effort to be current and knowledgeable about Trane products. But like you concluded I do think the 803 just calls for compressor when humidity is too high, and Comfort-R is a completely separate function, which should definitely be enabled in this case for best results (start out at lower fan speed and only reach 100% if necessary). I know of good dealers that don't always quote the 803 unless asked (802 instead), and there are some valid reasons/arguments I can think of (could always manually adjust temp, customer might obsess over humidity, keep it simple as the function may never get used). But as I said in my opinion, the 803 is a great fit for this particular system and the one I would have installed.

To the original poster I think you made a wise choice and investment in this system and I hope you are liking it so far. It's a great system when installed and set up properly. Keep the 803 in mind -- they may be more willing than you think to replace it (perhaps for a small difference), as I believe the sub-base and wiring can remain intact. They would just need to swap out and reprogram the thermostat itself.
Ryan is correct the same base can be used with the 803 just needs to be set up for your system and humdity. Control turned on.