sheet metal licence in Massachusetts?

I've been working for a residential HVAC company for roughly a year now and I'm looking into getting my apprentice sheet metal license but can't really find any solid info on it. From what I gather you have to work under some one who is licensed for x amount of time and then take test? The issue I see is that I'm always working with someone different( all licensed to my knowledge).. I guess I'm just not really sure how to go about getting it.... Any suggestions or advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Documenting your time, for any license, is usually the toughest part of the license procedure. Many guys, switch employers, numerous times throughout their career. The best thing is to try and keep copies of ALL of your W-2's. This is a requirement, from all employers, to submit a W-2 to you for your time worked under him/her. However, a lot of people also move several times in addition to switching jobs. This makes it very difficult for some people to keep their paperwork in order. Once you get all the paperwork in order, that should qualify you for the test, provided you have the time required in the trade. That is all I can suggest. Good luck!

Have to go to school too,not sure on the amount of hours involved in that.
    I love overtime I just hate working for it.

Do you know if I'm an apprentice and have completed my requirements yet fail my journeyman test am I still an apprentice until I pass

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk now Free

Do you know about apprentice and if you stay one until you pass journeyman test

I would assume that if you dont pass the test which is a requirement you would still be an apprentice. I still have a few years before I can apply for my journeyman's. Where did u go to school for your classroom hours?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Peterson school

Are you in refrigeration? If so can you ask your boss?

I went to Peterson for refrigeration and it was a joke. I was talking about for sheet metal

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

OK sorry