First post! Take it easy on me!
I live in a 1953 1515sf home in Los Angeles County, CA. I just got a 3ton all Carrier Infinity system (furnace, ac, air purifier, humidifier.) After doing my research on the ac, I've grown concerned with my ventilation and it's source. I have an exhaust only system (through the bathroom fans) and it's a very leaky house.
At first I considered an ERV.
1. It'll get me fresh air.
2. Won't take in warm air in the summer/cool air in the winter.
1. raise my humidity slightly.
2. won't get me makeup air.
3. won't stop unwanted air infiltration.
The 1st con, would it be an issue since I have an infinity system?
Can I make the the ERV slightly imbalanced, create positive pressure in the house, and mitigate the 2nd and 3rd con?
Another choice is a venting dehumidifier:
1. will keep my humidity down (not sure if I need it because of my Infinity system, and don't have too many humid days)
2. get me filtered fresh air.
3. get me low humidity fresh air.
4. slightly pressurize my home to stop unwanted air infiltration.
1. increase my cooling/heating load depending on the outside air.
How much cooling/heating load increase would I experience? An estimate in dollars/year?
And between the two, what is the better choice, keeping in mind the priorities below?
1. Air quality
2. Operating cost
3. Upfront cost
Thank you for reading and thank you in advance for your advice.