Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    No, the supco worked well for a couple years. I regularly cleaned it with alcohol and light blasts of nitro.
    Last summer it started acting up to the point I felt I couldn't trust it.
    I got the YJ used off my buddy, bought a sensor and it worked well once. It's only been used on "new" systems and a relatively new vacuum pump.
    I'm thinking of getting the blue vac, but it's hard to find up here in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by syndicated View Post
    No, the supco worked well for a couple years. I regularly cleaned it with alcohol and light blasts of nitro.
    I got the YJ used off my buddy, bought a sensor and it worked well once. It's only been used on "new" systems and a relatively new vacuum pump.
    hitting it with nitro?...not sure I would chance that...might ruin sensor.

all my micron instruction suggest air drying and not applying any pressurized gases. The new Testo Micron gauge will blow the sensor at 72psig ...it does not take much to unintentionally over-pressure a sensor with pressurized gas-no matter who makes it...BluVac and a few others have an upper limit of 500psig against blowing..but I still would not chance it.

Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    hitting it with nitro?...not sure I would chance that...might ruin sensor.

all my micron instruction suggest air drying and not applying any pressurized gases. The new Testo Micron gauge will blow the sensor at 72psig ...it does not take much to unintentionally over-pressure a sensor with pressurized gas-no matter who makes it...BluVac and a few others have an upper limit of 500psig against blowing..but I still would not chance it.
    FYI, the BluVac sensor can be completely dried of alcohol immediately (within a few seconds) by pulling a vacuum on it.

Also, as you said, the BluVac sensor is rated for 500psi overpressure without damage. The worst that can happen is that oil gets pushed into it (and the BluVac will tell you if that happens). In that case, another cleaning would be required.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyd View Post
    FYI, the BluVac sensor can be completely dried of alcohol immediately (within a few seconds) by pulling a vacuum on it.

Also, as you said, the BluVac sensor is rated for 500psi overpressure without damage. The worst that can happen is that oil gets pushed into it (and the BluVac will tell you if that happens). In that case, another cleaning would be required.
    Joyed, I must extend my gratitude to you. I was very resistant to buying the BluVac cause it seemed the lastest "fad". But when I bought mine I was fing impressed by the build quality and the all the function you put into such a small package,. Kudos my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    Joyed, I must extend my gratitude to you. I was very resistant to buying the BluVac cause it seemed the lastest "fad". But when I bought mine I was fing impressed by the build quality and the all the function you put into such a small package,. Kudos my friend.
    I appreciate the compliment, hvac5646. Thanks!

If I cant clean it, and I have to purchase another sensor, I am gunna get a Blue Vac instead !!!!!!!!!
    Extended dehydration is the key

That is the reason I purchased one, my old trusty ( at least I thought so) Robinair micron gauge died over a week ago, after trying to clean it I decided to put it to rest and ordered the BluVac from TruTeck tools. It should be in my hands tomorrow.
    RSES Member.
    Mainstream Engineering Certified.
    HVAC/R PM Technician.
    410A, & GREEN HVAC/R Technician.
    NATE Core.
    Working not as to please men but to the Glory of Christ my KING.

Found a replacement sensor for under $60 new.
    Ordering the Blue Vac right now as well .................... I cant wait for it to arrive !!

I had the same issue with the same YJ unit. Bought a new head...need to calibrate it to your unit. But, I also bought a BlueVac, because it is guys like Joeyd, that are here on this site supporting there products that give me the warm fuzzies. I would fall over dead if YJ even gave a fart to pop in and support their stuff like BlueVac, FieldPiece, DigiCool, and others all do here. That is why these guys all have as much of my business as I can give them.

UEI is the same as bluvac and easier to find.

Quote Originally Posted by syndicated View Post

Quote Originally Posted by slctech View Post
    I had the same issue with the same YJ unit. Bought a new head...need to calibrate it to your unit. But, I also bought a BlueVac, because it is guys like Joeyd, that are here on this site supporting there products that give me the warm fuzzies. I would fall over dead if YJ even gave a fart to pop in and support their stuff like BlueVac, FieldPiece, DigiCool, and others all do here. That is why these guys all have as much of my business as I can give them.
    Well, YJ may not have a big presence here at HT, they went to extremes to get my YJ manifold to me on time when my supplier screwed up the delivery time.

Kudos to Mark at YJ in Mnn,

Quote Originally Posted by slctech View Post
    1. I had the same issue with the same YJ unit. Bought a new head...need to calibrate it to your unit.
    2. But, I also bought a BlueVac, because it is guys like Joeyd, that are here on this site supporting there products that give me the warm fuzzies. I would fall over dead if YJ even gave a fart to pop in and support their stuff like BlueVac, FieldPiece, DigiCool, and others all do here. That is why these guys all have as much of my business as I can give them.
    1. I found a set of instructions from another Dude in my Union ............ there isnt a calibration when replacing sensors, at least I didnt see anything related to being able to calibrate it without sending the whole unit and sensor in.
    I figure it this way; I will run it with my new Bluevac and see if its close, if it is, then I have a usable gauge and if it aint, then I lost out on pizza night this month.

2. Yup - YJ couldnt give a flys fart about cleaning the sensor, customer service was happy to sell me a replacement sensor (needing no calibration) for just under $175. I am happy to have ordered the Blue Vac from True Tech Tools, and I will be happy to order more from the Dudes around this forum !!!

Got the new Blue Vac to use today, as well as the new sensor for the YJ setup. Both were within50 microns of each other the entire way from atmospheric down to 150 microns !

I love the Blue Vac's programmable alarm, I set mine so that after 15 minutes @ 250 microns or less, it starts chirping ...................... AWESOME !!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast