Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

HOW ABOUT THIS FO AN IDEA

Quote Originally Posted by Moparmyway View Post
    Got the new Blue Vac to use today, as well as the new sensor for the YJ setup. Both were within50 microns of each other the entire way from atmospheric down to 150 microns !

I love the Blue Vac's programmable alarm, I set mine so that after 15 minutes @ 250 microns or less, it starts chirping ...................... AWESOME !!!!!
    HERE'S AN IDEA:

BluVac wireless compatibility with FP and Testo.

Hey Joey,

Every now and then my Bluvac will act up a bit after I disconnect it from a vacuum. The other day it took around 20sec to read above 25000microns. I cleaned the sensor and threw it in the freezer but it still does this once in a while. I'm wondering if maybe it's the Nylog. The performance of the Bluvac is not affected at all ( I compared it to my other Bluvac) and the readings were within 10% of each other.

Any suggestion?

If I cant clean it, and I have to purchase another sensor, I am gunna get a Blue Vac instead !!!!!!!!!
    If you decide you do not want that YJ... send me a PM... maybe we can cut a deal.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    If you decide you do not want that YJ... send me a PM... maybe we can cut a deal.
    Gunna keep them both ............ since I was able to source the vacuume sensor for under $60, the YJ is back in service, and I love the BV, so they are both keepers !
    Extended dehydration is the key

Quote Originally Posted by eddiegoodfellar View Post
    Every now and then my Bluvac will act up a bit after I disconnect it from a vacuum. The other day it took around 20sec to read above 25000microns.
    This is caused by residual refrigerant gas in the sensor port. Next time you see this happen, gently blow a little air into the port, and you'll see the gauge go to Hi-P immediately.

This is not an effect specific to the BluVac. All micron gauges using thermal conductivity to measure vacuum will be affected similarly (and equally!). Since the BluVac responds so much faster than other gauges, the effect is more apparent.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyd View Post
    This is caused by residual refrigerant gas in the sensor port. Next time you see this happen, gently blow a little air into the port, and you'll see the gauge go to Hi-P immediately.

This is not an effect specific to the BluVac. All micron gauges using thermal conductivity to measure vacuum will be affected similarly (and equally!). Since the BluVac responds so much faster than other gauges, the effect is more apparent.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyd View Post

Hi Joeyd,
    I MUST admit, the more I use your Blue Vac, the more I like it !!!!
    I am learning to trust it as I do my YJ setup, and one of my vac pumps pulled down to 1.5 microns with 10 ' of 1/4" copper tubing attached.
    Great product @ a great price............ I can get 4 BV's for another YJ setup ............... am gunna order a few more BV's in the next few months !!!!

Just an update ....... I now have 6 Blue-vacs - and dont know where I left my YJ. Its still around, just havent reached for it since the BV's are ssooo easy !!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just an update ....... I now have 6 Blue-vacs - and dont know where I left my YJ. Its still around, just havent reached for it since the BV's are ssooo easy !!!!!!

You have six BluVacs?? You have a need for six setups running at the same time?
    Bill

Actually - I think I need another 1 or 2.

But yeah, I am using all 6 at one time. Right now 3 of them are on one chiller (Monmoth) with 3 seperate systems, and I am about ready (tomorrow) to put the other 3 on the unit next to it. I fully expect 4-5 days each unit dehydrating, that puts me at finding my YJ if I need to do any more dehydrating this week !!!

And I thought I was crazy having 3 DigiCools on my van (well 2 now, I sold one of them).
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Working on larger chillers changes the rules. When I do smaller units (under 20 tons) the tool list is vastly different from whats being used with the Mammoth ones now.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123