Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

YJ readings out of whack

My Yellow Jacket micron gauge is reading some funky numbers. It got a shot of R-11 (and oil) at about 5#.

If I remember correctly, there is a way to re-calibrate it or clean it, then put it in the freezer ???

Can someone please help me out, this was an expensive purchase thats been reliable and accurate untill now.

Thanks !!

http://www.testersandtools.com/Yello...cuum-Gauge.php
    Extended dehydration is the key

Clean the sensor with denatured alcohol, available in the paint thinner section of most any hardware or home improvement store.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

All my gauges say regular isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol).

But you have a more acute instrument. you may have wiped out the thermistor....worst case you send it in for calibration.

Didn't you get a user manual?

Quote Originally Posted by Moparmyway View Post
    ...then put it in the freezer ???
    Sorry, Moparmyway. The freezer trick works only with the BluVac...

the sensor on that one is replaceable. not sure how much that is.

i would certainly read the owners manual and see what it says for cleaning and try that first.

maybe then contact Y/J. they've excellent customer service
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Thanks Dudes !!
    Before I do anything I will contact YJ and look for the manual, although I usually keep manuals behind the foam in plastic hard cases, it aint there and I dont remember ever reading one. I got it new a few years back, for all I know - its still on someones roof.

Blue Vac in the freezer - got it !!!

Thanks again !!!

Thanks Dudes !!
    Before I do anything I will contact YJ and look for the manual, although I usually keep manuals behind the foam in plastic hard cases, it aint there and I dont remember ever reading one. I got it new a few years back, for all I know - its still on someones roof.

Thanks again !!!
    and the Supco in the oven..lol

Thanks Dudes !!

Thanks again !!!
    can download pdf from y/j interweb page if you cannot locate the one that came with it

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

I have a similar problem. Except mine has a new sensor and has never seen any positive pressure.
    If I pull down to 300-400 microns then expose it to atmospheric pressure, it'll stay at its lowest reading for 5-10 mins, even if I turn the power off and back on.

Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    can download pdf from y/j interweb page if you cannot locate the one that came with it
    I tried that already and got the quick reference literature ...............
    Also e-mailed them and they "are working on it" ........................... will find out if "it" means manual or cleaning procedure

Quote Originally Posted by syndicated View Post
    I have a similar problem. Except mine has a new sensor and has never seen any positive pressure.
    If I pull down to 300-400 microns then expose it to atmospheric pressure, it'll stay at its lowest reading for 5-10 mins, even if I turn the power off and back on.
    dumb question, did you calibrate the probe to? input the numbers on the sensor? also, try cleaning it

Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    dumb question, did you calibrate the probe to? input the numbers on the sensor? also, try cleaning it
    I did sir.
    This sensor acted this way right out of the bag, and my buddy's does this too... Come to think of it, my supco gauge did this as well sometimes, hence me replacing it.

Quote Originally Posted by syndicated View Post
    I did sir.
    This sensor acted this way right out of the bag, and my buddy's does this too... Come to think of it, my supco gauge did this as well sometimes, hence me replacing it.
    hmmm...that is unusual...did the Supco do this out of the box?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast