+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: r22 conversions

Post Likes
    I have replaced R22 with MO99(R438A) in several packaged hvac and walk in coolers with no negative issues for years now. I know techs that prefer 422 or 407 but I think it's what you started using and are confident about using. I train my newer technicians to use R438A but that is what our company buys and stocks on trucks now. We have hundreds of trucks on the road stocked with it and have no negative feedback with using it.

Post Likes
    Mo99 works for us, lower heat of compression is a plus

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kklobas View Post
    has anyone had luck with mo99 in walk ins, reach ins. going to a class about conversions tomorrow, so any opinions based on experiance would be great.
    Havent had any BAD luck with mo99 no matter where I put it
    Walkins, reachins, a/c, etc.

I cant speak to how it affects the longevity of the equipment as most of the time I use it on equipment that is on its last leg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Post Likes
    anyone tried r404a for high temp.?

Post Likes
    For our school district, economics was also a consideration. With thousands of older r22 equipment to service, we couldn't count on our recycling program to keep our supplies up, as we frequently had leakers to repair.

We could not justify purchasing proprietary refrigerants such as MO99; quite simply, 407C was the best performing alternative that was available from economical sources.
    JUST A LITTLE CLOSER AND THE LITTER BOX IS ALL MINE!

Post Likes
    All refrigerants are built for the condenser, not the evaporator. So MO99 will work but how old is the unit? and is MO99 better for you or the client? 407 a could be a great option.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in