Refrigerant Leak Detectors (And CGIs)

Refrigerant Leak Detectors (And CGIs)

Looking for opinions on refrigerant leak detectors...

Anyone have bacharach informat 2? I've been told that something that is good for one thing, isn't good for two. lol.

How about infacon D-tek select?

Looking for advice and suggestions... Thanks. Semper fi.

Do a search here. There are a lot of threads with this question. I am one for the Bacharach H10G. I own the D tek and the H10 runs circles around it.
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

x2 not impressed with d tek select at all. h 10 is my choice.

I think the d tek detectors may be hit and miss.. Both me and a co-worker each have one and mine doesn't seem to like large leaks.. It will have no problem finding a leak on a prep table or anything along those lines.. But it can't find anything large. My co-workers on the other hand will sometimes pick up a small leak and will always find the large ones.. He got his roughly six months before me. I've been wanting to pick up something different for a while now and I can't stand my d tek.

Sent from my iStone using Tapatalk

Love my d tek, hasn't let me down yet.

I just got the TIF-ZX leak detector (Heated Pentode technology, $205 + tax from Amazon), and so far, it is WAAAAAAYYYY better than any of the 3 D-Tek Selects (infrared technology, $360-400) I have ever owned.
    I will say that Inficon has had great customer service for me, though. I just can't get past the 5 to 10 minute battery life after 8 hours on the charger (with all 3 that I have used), or the ridiculous false positives that make you second guess yourself.

Orange County, in a Galaxy far far away...
    I have 2 leak detectors, tif zx-1 and a recently acquired field piece SLR2k7 infrared.
    And a little bottle of liquid bubbles.

Both detectors work very well, I'm more comfortable with the tif but the FP has not failed me thus far.

I do not like rechargables. Give me batteries, when they go bad during a job just replace them.
    Quote Originally Posted by trippintl0 View Post
    I just got the TIF-ZX leak detector (Heated Pentode technology, $205 + tax from Amazon), and so far, it is WAAAAAAYYYY better than any of the 3 D-Tek Selects (infrared technology, $360-400) I have ever owned.
    I will say that Inficon has had great customer service for me, though. I just can't get past the 5 to 10 minute battery life after 8 hours on the charger (with all 3 that I have used), or the ridiculous false positives that make you second guess yourself.

Ended up with a D-Tek Select, mostly due to peer pressure of my co-workers and a smokin deal from my favorite supplier. Hope I won't regret not getting the H-10PM.

Its funny, when I break the mold and buy something that is "not the norm" people look at me funny, but as soon as they see the tool in action, they either want one or want to use mine. Maybe I should have thought about that more and gone with the H-10... Oh well.

Its not a bad detector , sometimes better than dragging a cord out, but for those aggravating leaks I trust my h 10. I'm sure it will work out for you . Oh yea and those roofs with no outlets and 460 3 phase only it is nice to have the d tek.