scottsman cme256 ice machine

working on a scottsman(I do not see many) most everything in this area is manitowoc which I like very much. anyway the machine is very dirty it sits in a welding shop and has not been touched in 3 years per the owner. it is flashing 2 red lights at the water led. the chart on the inside of the cover says low water level but it is full. I cleaned the machine for 30 mins. with nichol safe and ran it through the rinse for about as long. now when you mash the freeze it starts in harvest and then shuts off and flashes the 2 red lights. I spoke with another tech at lunch and he said I needed to clean the sensors. looking at the diagram online the only sensors I see are behind and below the evaporator, what is the easiest way to access these and will cleaning them with nichol safe send the unit back to freezing. thanks in advance for your replies this site is the best on the planet for what we do.

He's talking about your water level sensor. It sits in the sump.

ohm it and see if it is reading correctly. clean and make sure it moves up/down freely and dosn't stick. if ohm reading is off clean or replace

First, you need to make sure the float stem is clean, particularly the open slot in the float stem. Then make sure it moves up and down easily on its own. Then you will need to make sure the sensors inside the plastic box the stem passes through are clean. You pull the float off (carefully or you might break the plastic pin that holds the float on the stem...Just pull it straight off the stem), then remove the stem from the sensor box and remove the sensor box by squeezing the tabs. Once the sensors are clean, try the machine again. If you still get error, then you will have to test the sensors. It is a specific process that is spelled out in the service manual. The later controller versions have a test mode for evaluating the sensors. Go to http://www.scotsman-ice.com/service-...rvice-library/ to get a service manual.

Oh, also make sure that the unit is getting water fast enough. If the sump doesn't fill quickly enough the machine will shut down and give you an error. The machine must fill at a certain rate and you may need to measure it. I am pretty sure this data is in the book.

Plugged water filter or screen in the valve will cause the same problem.

Needs 8 oz in 3 seconds you need to measure it with a measuring cup it's critical. Use a toothbrush and icm cleaner on water float. Check your water filters and inlet screen on your inlet valve.