Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work." H.L. Hunt

"In order that people may be happy in their work, these three things are needed: They must be fit for it. They must not do too much of it. And they must have a sense of success in it." John uskin

Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    hydraulic expander is the best tool i have!!!

And here I thought it was your Trane secret decoder ring!

Reverse bender? I normally just flip my YJ bender (featured) upside down...?

Like the expander though... I'm all for less joints.

Quote Originally Posted by dan wong View Post
    Is it. How long have you had it. Just curious because I was looking at it. What do you do with the 1" expander? Paper weight.
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

Quote Originally Posted by hurtinhvac View Post
    Reverse bender? I normally just flip my YJ bender (featured) upside down...?

Like the expander though... I'm all for less joints.
    Does not do the same thing. The reverse attachment is for when you do not have enough room for the tool to move . Like for instance coming out of a mini split and you want to turn straight up you use the reverse tool.
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

Quote Originally Posted by jnsrose View Post
    Is it. How long have you had it. Just curious because I was looking at it. What do you do with the 1" expander? Paper weight.
    Get enough people to buy it direct for a better price.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/40..._EXPANDER.html

http://gzzhigao.en.alibaba.com/produ...ol_CT_300.html

http://midcool.en.alibaba.com/produc..._5_8_3_4_.html

I was going to buy it on Ebay also but saw they are the same people selling R22A. I wanted the Hilmor but didnt want to wait til May so I got the Mastercool set.
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    And here I thought it was your Trane secret decoder ring!
    that was a secret, now am gonne have to kill you lol
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

I bought the Johnstone bender last year. works great. Didn't buy it to pay for itself. Bought it for my personal satisfaction. The results look good and uniform. Sometimes satisfying yourself on an install is worth a little money.

Quote Originally Posted by GATS View Post
    I bought the Johnstone bender last year. works great. Didn't buy it to pay for itself. Bought it for my personal satisfaction. The results look good and uniform. Sometimes satisfying yourself on an install is worth a little money.
    I agree.

There have been enough posts to make this worth mentioning: If you think a tool is too expensive because "It won't pay for it self", think again.

An efficient, well made tool is tool an "INVESTMENT" that will make your job look better and account for a longer lasting install.

Tube benders are just a small part of it. I can bend out a 90* and use the expander much quicker than I can cut and swage the ends with a yoke and flare block.

more than 10-15 years

Replying to post #17,
    "Is it. How long have you had it. Just curious because I was looking at it. What do you do with the 1" expander? Paper weight."

I have three sets. My first was from 'Master cool' (English system), twenty years ago +/-
    I purchase my Second & third set 10 years ago +/- One was 'metric' , the other; 'English' same one you see in the picture. at one time; someone at Ebay selling both set for $300.00+/-.
    ----------------------------------------
    Please read the description:

Comes with reamer and tube cutter
    3/8", 1/2", 5/8", 3/4", 7/8", 1", 1 1/8", O.D.
    allows for precise swaging
    re-round deformed tube and fitting ends
    salvage shorts and scraps to make couplings
    For use with soft copper a/c line only. Preheat lines before expanding.

Comes with plastic carrying case for storage when not in use.
    -----------------------------
    In commercial refrigeration, we use all above size.
    Last edited by dan wong; 03-23-2013 at 01:35 PM. Reason: clarify my comment
    Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work." H.L. Hunt

"In order that people may be happy in their work, these three things are needed: They must be fit for it. They must not do too much of it. And they must have a sense of success in it." John uskin

I have the lever benders, just bought a YJ in December. Probably never use the lever benders again. I have the master cool hydraulic expander. Bought that new on Ebay. I am quite happy with it and hope I never have to use my old Imperal swaging tool again. Still like new after 30 years.

Quote Originally Posted by EugeneTheJeep View Post
    I prefer the Imperial Eastman lever benders, I had a Rems that went bye bye with and ex partner, and I have a clone of it for the rookies. It does not do as nice a bend as the lever benders.

The expander can save about $4 for a coupling depending on size + how much #15 silver?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12