Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: restriction

restriction

i have in my home a ed25dqxdb04 whirlpool side by side. I have a restriction in refrigerant line somewhere. Was not the drier or metering device or coils but the line after the condenser that wraps around the whole cabnet. If i was too bypass this and run a line straight to the filter dryer it will work. My question is the wrap around cabnet lines are too keep fridge from sweating. Does this sound right. if so im going to do this until i can get another fridge. I brazed a fitting on line and blew nitrogen then ran vac but can not get it free.

Never seen that yoder loop develop a restriction. Highly unlikely. Its probably the cap tube. But go ahead and bypass it if you want.

take a picture of it and post it.

You don't want to bypass a captube, that is a mistake of epic proportions.
    The opinions expressed by me are not that of my employer.

insulation modern marvels
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g37riSkyZzM

I agree with SBK. Unless there are extraordinary circumstances ie, kink in the line,your probably wasting your time. How did you determine that you have a restriction and why do you believe that it's not in the drier or cap tube?

i debrazed condencer, cap tube and evap side of compressor and pulled compressor and condenser as a piece. blew nitrogen through all it defently inside if the case..... as well i bought it second hand and it had new compressor but no filter dryer. could be a piece of solder or wax he used quik fittings so i bet they leaked some. its hard to say. crap from the old burned out compressor. i brazed a service fitting to test the case lines with nitrogen even pulled a vac but cant get it free... so im either going to spray break cleaner while pulling a vac too see if i can break it up or just bypass it....... since this is hot gas i think its only for case sweat not worred about that so much as bad food.

Sounds like the work of Dr. Frankenstein! Grab your pitchforks and torches! Seriously though, unless your prepared to replace the cap tube and install a dryer, then it's time for a new fridge. One word of caution: you probably have an aluminum evaporator which requires special solder and a delicate hand!

No Frankenstein work,Name:  HNI_0050.JPG
Views: 143
Size:  41.5 KBName:  HNI_0051.JPG
Views: 137
Size:  37.2 KBName:  HNI_0052.JPG
Views: 134
Size:  57.2 KB No im 100% sure the loops the restriction. Of course I'll install a dryer, cap tubes fine though. Well pics speak louder than words I guess let me upload them.

pic with hose is the test piece i brazed to purge nitrogen into loop other pic is the other end of loop. no nitrogen will exit = restricted. 3rd pic is compressor and condenser removed as a piece you will see the strainer by its self there thats the place where the metering starts. The only other place where a restriction should be at. hot gas enters this and exits into a small line to the evap(the small line beside of my test port) its just going to spray freon into the evaporator.This small line is my metering device. Its fully open (will be installing a new dryer yes). So as you see i've already figured the problem out long time ago. As to the fix only thing I can do is bypass the loop. I feel like this will be ok for Im thinking this loop is to keep the fridge from sweating. Not real worred about that for kitchen will be remodeled this summer with a new floor anyway. Then replacing with stainless appliances at that time. So the question thats not been answered is. Is this loop to control the case sweat? I see no other purpose or im missing something. Thanks

looks like you have the tools and technology, just reline the whole thing and take all guess work out of it.

Cant its surrounded by metal and incased with foam. Would destroy the case trying to repipe it. Its actually a nice looking case. Nice inside. Would love to fully repair this. This has a really cool mod by me I took the ice maker apart one time to clean it and replace timer and stamped words into it. when a cube is made you can see the words "ice ice baby" on every cube. Has a few wtf on drinking nights by friends (thought it would be funny).

Quote Originally Posted by aperich2 View Post
    Cant its surrounded by metal and incased with foam. Would destroy the case trying to repipe it. Its actually a nice looking case. Nice inside. Would love to fully repair this. This has a really cool mod by me I took the ice maker apart one time to clean it and replace timer and stamped words into it. when a cube is made you can see the words "ice ice baby" on every cube. Has a few wtf on drinking nights by friends (thought it would be funny).
    Yes its to control mullion from sweating. The mullion (divider) panel may sweat and get moldy.

I guess it is restricted if you cant get nitro through it.

One question comes to mind and I'm only asking because I've done it myself. Does your service valve have a Schrader in it and more importantly, does your nitro hose have a core depressor in it?

Good point hydra

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast