Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lytning View Post
    Another great review. I still have leak lock and use it. I have the Nylog but haven't used it yet. After reading this I think I will.

I despise that crap. If you feel it's necessary to repair a leak, it's time to look a little closer at the mating and sealing surfaces and determine WHY they are leaking.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    I despise that crap. If you feel it's necessary to repair a leak, it's time to look a little closer at the mating and sealing surfaces and determine WHY they are leaking.
    What crap, the Nylog or the Leak Lock. Both have uses. The Nylog for hoses and maybe gaskets. The Leak Lock for threaded fittings. I think some manufactures are recommending Nylogs use.
    Last edited by lytning; 03-22-2013 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Spellin

Quote Originally Posted by lytning View Post
    What crap, the Nylog or the Leak Lock. Both have uses. The Nylog for hoses and maybe gaskets. The Leak Lock for threaded fittings. I think some manufactures are recommending Nylogs use.
    Leak Lock.

I have worked for all these years in the trade and haven't needed it. I doubt that I'll find a need for it tomorrow...

A little teflon tape will do MUCH better because you can take the joint apart at some later date if required.

Do you apply it to the threads of the fitting or the back of the flare? Just curious. I have been using it on the threads.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

threads
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Cool thx!

Ill have to get some and try it. Thanks for the review.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Leak Lock.

I have worked for all these years in the trade and haven't needed it. I doubt that I'll find a need for it tomorrow...

A little teflon tape will do MUCH better because you can take the joint apart at some later date if required.
    Same here on the Leak Lock.
    When I find it on service valve or service port caps, I want to find who did it, and bludgeon them to near death, let them heal, then bludgeon them again...
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    Same here on the Leak Lock.
    When I find it on service valve or service port caps, I want to find who did it, and bludgeon them to near death, let them heal, then bludgeon them again...
    x2

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I use nylog as well,even on flares for lubrication,i don't like leak lock either because it hardens and it is hard to loosen to remove,i like Loctite 515 for thread joints,it doesn't harden so joint can be taken apart easily

Quote Originally Posted by phxhvac View Post
    Do you apply it to the threads of the fitting or the back of the flare? Just curious. I have been using it on the threads.

I put it on the threads, the face of the flare, & the back of the flare.

anywhere metal touches metal and will have a twisting friction...I want lubricated.

Nylog is basically gelatinized refrigerant oil, It doesn't dry up and harden.

Any excess that comes out of the joint, wipes up outside of the joint, and inside of the joint, will wash away as refrigerant passes.

Leak Lock...been a staple of the industry for years an I think it will stay that way.

If I have to install a TXV on a new install, then I will use Leak Lock.

Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    Leak Lock...been a staple of the industry for years an I think it will stay that way.

If I have to install a TXV on a new install, then I will use Leak Lock.
    There isn't any part of any mechanically fitted TXV used in the industry today that should have Leak Lock put on it, or that would be helped by the addition of Leak Lock...
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast