Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    There isn't any part of any mechanically fitted TXV used in the industry today that should have Leak Lock put on it, or that would be helped by the addition of Leak Lock...
    There can be slight differences in thread tolerances from the manufacture of the coil and the TXV mfg.

I use it on this application. Maybe you didn't notice some TXV or coil mfgs suggestion the use of Teflon tape on the mating threads.

Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    There can be slight differences in thread tolerances from the manufacture of the coil and the TXV mfg.

I use it on this application. Maybe you didn't notice some TXV or coil mfgs suggestion the use of Teflon tape on the mating threads.
    Ahh, ok, if you are just using it as a thread lock, that's fine, as they are not part of the refrigerant seal. I'd rather see something used that doesn't harden though, like maybe the red thread lock.
    It should not be used on any of the actual sealing surfaces through.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    Ahh, ok, if you are just using it as a thread lock, that's fine, as they are not part of the refrigerant seal. I'd rather see something used that doesn't harden though, like maybe the red thread lock.
    It should not be used on any of the actual sealing surfaces through.
    Agreed.

I have had too many miniscule leaks at the TXV thread that were a bear to find...even with my H10....had to jack my co2 press up to 325PSIG withe three lbs of R22 in the system to find it..even then the reading was kinda hit or miss.

Uncle Clover told me a long time ago Leak Lock belongs on non OEM mating threads. He was right.

I have started using gaskets on all threaded TXV's. Think I will use Nylog also. One good use though would be for those times when you have to use a line tap valve.

Agreed.

I have had too many miniscule leaks at the TXV thread that were a bear to find...even with my H10....had to jack my co2 press up to 325PSIG withe three lbs of R22 in the system to find it..even then the reading was kinda hit or miss.

Uncle Clover told me a long time ago Leak Lock belongs on non OEM mating threads. He was right.

Just aded the FP mcron gauge to my arsenal...

....and the FP differential manometer.

I like the FP Micron Gauge and the Manometer cause they are so easy to use and they are great quality at great prices.

The manometer come with silicone tube stubs for testing gas press. You can insert five foot length 1/8 tubes to check static press. It's just a great convenient, high quality instrument.

The micron gauge has low and high vacuum level alarms and you don't have to read the instructions to work it(although I would still read them)
    Hanging the meters is no problem as they both have magnetic straps.

Both have easy change batteries. Both have a rugged boot that protect them from a drop (although the housing could probably take a fall with out the boot and still function...my impression, not an FP claim)

I can see these becoming my "Go to Meters"...time will tell.

The best benefit is the support FP give you.
    Any time I have a problem FP takes good care of me and they do not hide behind voicemail like some customer service lines I have called.

So do you guys use these products and do you like them.

Me, I am convinced.

If you are not using Nylog you are doing it wrong.

I have to agree I love the nylog over leak lock even though I do still carry both in my truck. I couldn't tell you the last time I opened the leak lock though. It was probably the day before I found nylog! HAHA. I love that stuff. The worst part about the leak lock is that people don't know how to apply I properly and I restricts the metering devices and causes many headaches.

Nylog is great stuff. I only use the blue as it is good for all refrigerants (freons), and oils. I also carry leak loc because I I just don't want to throw it away. On top of that leak loc is also on my truck.
    As for FP I haven't tried the vac gauge. DO NOT buy the 552 Testo. That is just my opinion. Wish I had spent the $$ on just about anything else. They might be too tough to fail, but IMHO they fail to do the job. I love the BluVac (yellow ones), though.

....and the FP differential manometer.

I like the FP Micron Gauge and the Manometer cause they are so easy to use and they are great quality at great prices.

The manometer come with silicone tube stubs for testing gas press. You can insert five foot length 1/8 tubes to check static press. It's just a great convenient, high quality instrument.

The micron gauge has low and high vacuum level alarms and you don't have to read the instructions to work it(although I would still read them)
    Hanging the meters is no problem as they both have magnetic straps.

Both have easy change batteries. Both have a rugged boot that protect them from a drop (although the housing could probably take a fall with out the boot and still function...my impression, not an FP claim)

I can see these becoming my "Go to Meters"...time will tell.

The best benefit is the support FP give you.
    Any time I have a problem FP takes good care of me and they do not hide behind voicemail like some customer service lines I have called.

So do you guys use these products and do you like them.

Me, I am convinced.

Fritz and Eddie use it so you know it is a good reliable product.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

They probably have stock in the company. That may explain how they can buy all the good toys, er... I mean tools.

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Fritz and Eddie? I think I have read about them.

But I do find the idea of the duo being a team a bit amusing,

Reminds me of Renn and Stimpy. Just saying, no offense if they are reading this.

I ride this product today, very impressed, used it behind nuts on Txv and at flare. Found that my txv didn't seize and try to turn upon tightening and same w equalizer tube. Leakless, wahoo, great review, and a nice add to my stuff.
    Advice is always free, but keep in mind free does not mean it's always right.

Quote Originally Posted by JKerch View Post
    I ride this product today, very impressed, used it behind nuts on Txv and at flare. Found that my txv didn't seize and try to turn upon tightening and same w equalizer tube. Leakless, wahoo, great review, and a nice add to my stuff.
    I was never aware of Nylog before joining this forum,
    I was, using a silicon based DuPont product that was referred to as "deep Vacuum Grease". What qualities does Nylog have that vauum grease does not?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast