moisture removal

I've been having a discussion in the Technical area about moisture removal from a refrigeration system that has ruptured a water cooled condenser of a freezer. In my experience to get all of the moisture out I have had to make sure all parts of the system are above 60F or the moisture will attach to the walls of the piping and not vaporize even when I get the system down to 200 microns.

Have any of you run into this type of problem?

Vancouver Island, British Columbia Canada

Moisture removal.

Your on the correct path.You need to keep the system as warm as possible while evacuating to ensure the mosture is pulled out quicker, keep a close eye on your vacum pump oil, cause you will nedd to change it several times, if the system is severly contaminated I will usually sell them a new condensing unit, instead of just replacing the condenser. Also I pull a real long vacum on the system,breaking it with nitrogen.I also insatll a high capacity liquid line drier, which I change several times,until a acidtest on the oil and refrigerantis satisfactory. Cleaning up a contaminated system takes a lot of time and perservance Good Luck
    A Man Built It,A Man Can Fix It

I use a cold trap to minimize the oil contamination problem, the oil last about 10 times longer.

Talking Moisture

Wire a pig tail plugged in, between common and run with a 100 watt bulb in socket. This will cause trace voltage in the windings warming them up. Evacuate system to 250 microns using a 4 way manifold like Yellow Jacket Brute or similar. Install both liquid line and suction line drier (the new one for 410A picks up more).
    RAM Teaching Tomorrows Technicians Today.

Use The Hair Dryer To Heat Up The Evaporator While Vacuum,purge The Nitrogen,vacuum Again And After That Replace The Txv And The Drier 3 Times In Each Several Days

Smile

you could also remove wire on "X" terminal of defrost clock and manually put into defrost.
    RAM Teaching Tomorrows Technicians Today.