Help with a water cooled Liebert - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    In the morning, the loop temp was cold, but as the day goes on, the loop temp warms up. I'm pretty sure I posted that in another post. Maybe not those exact numbers, but I stated as the entering water gets warmer, the temp difference looks more normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac3384 View Post
    In the morning, the loop temp was cold, but as the day goes on, the loop temp warms up. I'm pretty sure I posted that in another post. Maybe not those exact numbers, but I stated as the entering water gets warmer, the temp difference looks more normal.
    Ok. Cooling tower or the like. For some reason I got city water in my head. My bad.

Lol, no prob.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy knocker View Post
    Ok so we can throw the subcooling out. Could you water regulating valve be hanging up?
    The head pressure spikes up to at least 325 I believe that you have seen on your guage yourself correct? With that information alone we know we have a problem with the condenser, be it flow or HPC there is a problem rite there. No need to try and attach that problem to any other symptom. Sometimes we gotta attack one issue at a time. Correct the problem you know you have and see what's left and then attack that. You cleaned the coil and seem confident your flow is good. The only way that head runs up that high every once in awhile, at your guage, is a change in the water flow through that condenser. Would you agree with that if there were no other symptoms?

What conditions could/would/should create this HIGH HEAD PRESS scenario?? Could the sump at the h2o tower be low on water??ln my past life I have observed a Vortex of water, in the sump just where cooled h2o is entering the pipe going to the suction side of the pump. The Vortex action would allow air to enter with the water.. this event could be created by many things....too much bleed off? Not enough make up? Something was sized improperly I believe you had written where this system had once been a CLOSED LOOP and now it is an OPEN LOOP? Do closed loop cooling systems require HPC water valves when engineered and ballanced properly? I don't know? Good analysis, I like the way you think!

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234