Testo 550 paper weight..

So now both of my 550's are having problems. First one- high and low side valves leak by, and it doesn't see the temp clamps any more. Second one- The screen is out, and the hook is broken. I have sent them to testo before for repairs under warranty and the turnaround was fairly quick and I didn't have to pay a dime. This will be the first time sending them in w/o a warranty. I don't know what to expect as far as repair quotes. I assume its probably going to be pricey. I think if the quote is more than a couple hundred bucks I'm gonna cut my losses and order some digicools. Does anyone here have experience with getting repairs on a set of 550's out of warranty? I can't justify spending $300-$400 on repairing manifolds that I know will have problems again.

Cant help you with warranty repairs on the Testos but my Digicool 1250's and ak900's have had zero in warranty or out of warranty repairs. If I did Doug or Brenda would send me out the required part and I would the DRSA back up and running in a few days..

I have a few friends with the 2 other major brands of DRSA's and most of them have changed to Digicool after numerous failures and have been satisfied.. Good luck. Let us know how it works out.
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

Im sent a 550 in with a high side valve leaking. They repaired it and updated the software. They also replaced the temp clamps. Total with shipping was $56.00
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    Im sent a 550 in with a high side valve leaking. They repaired it and updated the software. They also replaced the temp clamps. Total with shipping was $56.00
    You made out very well....I thought they would do right by you.

So I finally sent them in last week and received a quote today. $70 dollars to replace the lcd display in one set and $61 to replace the body w/ hook and both valves in the other. They are replacing the board in one because it wasn't seeing the temp sensors anymore for free.. Couldn't be happier.

Glad your happy. Thanks for the update..

May I ask were these dropped or something. Why were there so many failures? DId you ever pull the trigger on the Digi-cools?
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

The set with the bad LCD was dropped. The board that went bad was from static discharge I think, and I'm not sure why the two valves started leaking. I'm pretty hard on my tools overall. And no I have not ordered the digicools yet. That was the plan if the repairs on the testos equalled or exceeded the price of the ak900's. I will probably get the ak's just not yet.
    Last edited by mgibbs; 05-07-2013 at 08:01 PM. Reason: A