Honeywell TH5000 Problems

I will try to be brief.

3 years ago we had a York Heat Pump installed. Installer put in a Honeywell TH5000 thermostat. All went well for about 6 months. Then the A/C would not come on. Installer came out and put new thermostat in.

In ther three years, 3 new thermostats have been put in. It always seems to the same routine, either the heat or A/C will not come on. One time it didn't come on at first, but came on about 1/2 hour later. They always come out and fix for free, but we are getting ready to sell the house and just want it corrected once an for all.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: A/C came on 2.5 hours after thermostate was set to AC and proper temp. Inside temp was 78. Set stat for 70. 2.5 hours to come on.

Kind of difficult to tell. Could be a number of things. Since this is not a DIY site, I would recommend a second opinion if you truly wish to correct this once and for all.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Sorry for posting this, BM. I thought some of the experts might know of problems with this unit etc.

Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    Sorry for posting this, BM. I thought some of the experts might know of problems with this unit etc.
    We have put in a lot of York systems with this thermostat.
    The reason we use HW stats is that they are mostly bullet proof.

You were given good advise above.
    Life is too short, Behappy!
    TFMM