Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NO Show no call today! 4th visit or call ....

Post Likes
    I as a customer should not have to tell the contractor how to do his job.
    Its no wonder the people acrossed the street used them then talked about how much it cost, I can't say a dollar amt. but it was a lot in there book.
    I figure these guys get used to people that don't know anything and make em pay more then they should for the value as if they had done the whole job. I even told the guy If I have to pay more for the blower door test and inspection of the rest of the ducts when he called then he said thats included but only after I sign a contract.......... NOT A CHANCE BUSTER!
    I had a new car dealer try and get me to sign papers for a loan on a new car once that was blank..... I told them to call when the paper work was done and ready to be taken care of, my momma didn't raise no fools!

Post Likes
    I don't do blower door test's for free, i will include it in the contract that if you purchase the equipment from my company i will waive the fee. I will give a free estimate but i will not give the customer my load calculation until AFTER they have signed the contract. The equipment alone to do a blower door/duct blaster test is an extremely large investment. Also it takes a couple hours to do the test. It's not like we are becoming millionaires out there our cost of equipment, materials, labor, trucks/vans, insurance, liscence, rent, lights, blah, blah, blah are not cheap.
    Heating/Cooling Services Inc.
    www.heatingandcoolingservicesinc.com

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbg View Post
    Its no wonder the people acrossed the street used them then talked about how much it cost, I can't say a dollar amt. but it was a lot in there book.
    I figure these guys get used to people that don't know anything and make em pay more then they should for the value as if they had done the whole job. I even told the guy If I have to pay more for the blower door test and inspection of the rest of the ducts when he called then he said thats included but only after I sign a contract.......... NOT A CHANCE BUSTER!
    I had a new car dealer try and get me to sign papers for a loan on a new car once that was blank..... I told them to call when the paper work was done and ready to be taken care of, my momma didn't raise no fools!
    a lot of times in business when I perceive a customer as having an attitude I treat them accordingly, I think this is what you are suffering from from this contractor.

Post Likes
    keep calling you will find the right contractor ,just remember duct remodels are time consuming ,alot of contractors dont want to due them they want the money from the box change and move on .

Post Likes
    That's funny! I've found in many cases that any more than free is a lot in their book!

Mr Bob,
    Lot a dudes are just trying to make a buck, and most customers are just trying to save a buck, and sometimes the job isn't worth the trouble. I would call the local building department, find out what is required to permit. Usually it's a Manual J (block load)and a duct inspection affidavit. The reputable contractor will have no problem complying. The rest of special extras are on you... expect to pay.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    I don't do blower door test's for free, i will include it in the contract that if you purchase the equipment from my company i will waive the fee. I will give a free estimate but i will not give the customer my load calculation until AFTER they have signed the contract. The equipment alone to do a blower door/duct blaster test is an extremely large investment. Also it takes a couple hours to do the test. It's not like we are becoming millionaires out there our cost of equipment, materials, labor, trucks/vans, insurance, liscence, rent, lights, blah, blah, blah are not cheap.

I've never asked for anything Free! I might ask for A fair price, but not free!
    You don't have to tell me what tools cost I own about 5k to 10k worth myself and I'm not talking the cheep stuff I'm talking Snap On and so on. I don't like buying cheep tools most of them are only good for one use if that.
    If you installed a system at my house and you forgot your cordless drill I'd be on the phone tell you about it if I found it if its on top of ductwork keep in mind no one will see that for 50 years, you might put your tools on a leash or string even, drop one it won't even hit the floor. Tie them to your toolbelt. (Just for laughs tie your tool belt to your truck

Post Likes
    This I didn't know!
    So Code might require Manual J calculations be done and if duct work has to be done is it extra after the job's bid without the extras will I be billed for the extras or should it be part of the original quote? Depending on how the quote was made up.

Post Likes
    This I didn't know!
    So Code might require Manual J calculations be done and if duct work has to be done is it extra after the job's bid without the extras will I be billed for the extras or should it be part of the original quote? Depending on how the quote was made up.
    Depends on the dude. Yesterday we had a change out... 3.5 ton 25x20 filter grille and 11"x11" duct board supply duct. Yes, I'm sure some would have left it, but ours comes with corrections.... We have to warranty it.

Post Likes
    Sounds like my system. you've got to love that pop in the middle of the night when the blower shuts off and the tin snaps back into place. SNAP/POP Try that at 2:00 Am watching Tv in the dark under your behind when you alone in the room see if you don't jump the first time you hear it. only mine is 8x25 return this returns from 4-13x5 vents and the main trunk is 8x11 this feeds 16 or 17 vents. Sheet metal makes funny sounds late at night!
    Thats what I got after I closed up the leaky duct work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in