Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    This I didn't know!
    So Code might require Manual J calculations be done and if duct work has to be done is it extra after the job's bid without the extras will I be billed for the extras or should it be part of the original quote? Depending on how the quote was made up.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbg View Post
    This I didn't know!
    So Code might require Manual J calculations be done and if duct work has to be done is it extra after the job's bid without the extras will I be billed for the extras or should it be part of the original quote? Depending on how the quote was made up.
    Depends on the dude. Yesterday we had a change out... 3.5 ton 25x20 filter grille and 11"x11" duct board supply duct. Yes, I'm sure some would have left it, but ours comes with corrections.... We have to warranty it.

Sounds like my system. you've got to love that pop in the middle of the night when the blower shuts off and the tin snaps back into place. SNAP/POP Try that at 2:00 Am watching Tv in the dark under your behind when you alone in the room see if you don't jump the first time you hear it. only mine is 8x25 return this returns from 4-13x5 vents and the main trunk is 8x11 this feeds 16 or 17 vents. Sheet metal makes funny sounds late at night!
    Thats what I got after I closed up the leaky duct work.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123