Finally

Thread: Finally

Finally

sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

Yhat's an older clip and a good one at that. It's a shame there are so few in power who think like Rand
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Wish the liberals would wake up and see what their "saviours" are worth!
    They (liberals in washington) are more out of touch with the public......... Nevermind, they're just in bed with the right people!

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

Most new appliances today are junk, they claim to save energy, but when looked at closely, they don't.

Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

Along these lines are California's Tree-hugging Democrats that are implementing a nearly statewide ban on plastic shopping bags. They show these bags wrapped around sea turtles to gain sympathy for their cause. They say our bags end up in the ocean but fail to show how a bag can blow into the ocean when 99% of wind direction is onshore. They fail to inform the public that our ocean freighters legally dump their trash in the ocean just offshore. They also have no interest in measuring the effectiveness of their terribly inconvenient and lucrative ban.

It's all because the stores will save on supplying bags, they get to gauge for paper bags, the politicians get re-elected for pandering to the the Tree-huggers and the Tree-huggers get to pass another feel-good law.

New appliances cost 3 times as much but only save pennies a day.
    You will NEVER save the amount of additional cost for the ENERGY SAVING appliance, EVEN if it never needs repaired...
    Those who dance, appear insane to those who do not hear the music.
    Those who believe, appear ignorant to those who do not know God.

My house has American Standard toilets, installed in 1966 when the house was built, both still in perfect condition, and boy do they FFFFFLLLLLLLLUUUUUUUSSSSSHHHHHHH thoroughly!
    They will get reinstalled when I remodel my bathrooms.

I hope my ginormous capacity Kenmore top loading washing machine keeps working forever.

As for light bulbs, maybe a small US manufacturer will step up and find a loophole like one German company did.
    Instead of "incandescent light bulbs", market 40w, 60w, 75w, and 100w electric heating bulbs, that just happen to produce light as a byproduct of their heating function.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    My house has American Standard toilets, installed in 1966 when the house was built, both still in perfect condition, and boy do they FFFFFLLLLLLLLUUUUUUUSSSSSHHHHHHH thoroughly!
    They will get reinstalled when I remodel my bathrooms.
    When low flush toilets first hit the market they did not flush properly. Now any American Standard or Kohler flushes perfectly OK. Only the off brands don't flush properly.

Around here, if you pull a permit for a bathroom remodel they will not allow a 5g flush toilet to be reinstalled. They used to make you replace them before selling a house too. Not sure if that is still so - haven't been called to fill out that form lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    When low flush toilets first hit the market they did not flush properly. Now any American Standard or Kohler flushes perfectly OK. Only the off brands don't flush properly.

Around here, if you pull a permit for a bathroom remodel they will not allow a 5g flush toilet to be reinstalled. They used to make you replace them before selling a house too. Not sure if that is still so - haven't been called to fill out that form lately.
    And you don't think that's crap Brian???
    No pun intended

A Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by kamersoutdoor View Post
    And you don't think that's crap Brian???
    No pun intended
    Low flush toilets have come a long way. In Southern California we have water shortages...another one this year. To use 5 gallons to flush a #1 is very wasteful times millions of flushes a day.

As for making toilets that don't flush, yes it does suck that they still peddle bad product, but you could return it for a full refund. Eventually the manufacturer would get the message. But since they are generally too difficult to return, they get away with it.

I put in a 1.2 gallon/flush handicap water closet (American Standard) in my bathroom when I built a new shower and tiled the floors. I love it! Once you get used to that 17 inch rim height, a non-ADA 14 inch rim height feels like youre sitting on kiddy toilet for pre-school and kindergarteners (at 13 inches).

Also, I accidentally flushed a soup spoon down it once and never had an issue. Don't ask. LOL

The key to a good low flow water closet is the size of the flush valve....stick with 3.5 inch or larger.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)