LIBERT DIG SCRL DISCHGE TEMP SENSOR ALARM W/VSD COND FAN

Having a problem with a Libert digital scroll discharge temp sensor??

It's been very cold here in NYC and condenser is running on VSD. The two other fans come on above 60*F. New unit,running with no problems for two weeks.

Friday Dis Temp Sensor Compressor #1. Unit is a split,both stages exact piping and weighed in charge. Been running on VSD with two transducers.
    NOT OVERCHARGED!!! We leave it a little short till warm weather comes in.Then we top it off.

It seems, that depending on which compressor is lead or fully loaded effects the transducers on the condenser. Which it should.

But what happens when one transducer is the high signal due to it's loaded, and the other stage is unloaded or partially loaded?????

The VSD seems to go up to a higher speed due to the higher signal, cooling the 407C, while the other lower loaded compressor gas drops in head pressure? Some times its the opposite causing the head on the other to go up.

If i disconnect either compressor, VSD tracks very well. Any suggestions????
    "My hands are for sale"

I can't help you, but I'd like to play along at home....

Both compressors run independently but at the same time?

Or one loads then stays loaded- the other brings up the rear on further demand?

Sent from my MZ601 using Tapatalk
    Guinness for strength

What's the model number? And how does the unit stage up the compressors?
    I have done so much with so little for so long, that now I can do almost anything with nothing at all.

Might want to try 1-800 liebert.

I think that you are missing something as you indicated the alarm is a digital scroll discharge temp alarm, is there not sensor on the discharge line off the compressor? Why look at the condenser?

Hmm

Quote Originally Posted by Domcort View Post
    I think that you are missing something as you indicated the alarm is a digital scroll discharge temp alarm, is there not sensor on the discharge line off the compressor? Why look at the condenser?
    "D",
    We checked fan on vsd to see if it was failing causing a rise in dis press..

Factory said the unloaders stick some times until oil works into the seals??? Keeping comp unloaded with a rise in suc press and temp causing sensor to trip.
    All I can say most I have talked to would not buy the digital scroll since they are also experiencing problems with them.

Now only at night same unit is giving us a freeze protection alarm?? I will be back there next week to see the cause of it?
    Last edited by mrhvacmechanic; 03-22-2013 at 04:19 PM. Reason: spelling
    "My hands are for sale"