Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tool handle coating?

Hey guys im looking to see if any one has any ideas on how I could coat the handle of an adjustable wrench that I just bought? Im looking to make just add a rubber grip or dip it into something that would hold up good? Any advice would be great

You can buy it at Home Despot, comes in several colors.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Performix...3#.UUYjhVfRy1w
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

X2. I've also seen the dip in the Harbor Freight stores.

LOWES has it as well

Sounds good. I wander how they can claim to insulated against electrical shock when even kleins handles state that they are not? Ive always thought of kleins as made for electricians.

Quote Originally Posted by Core_d View Post
    Sounds good. I wander how they can claim to insulated against electrical shock when even kleins handles state that they are not? Ive always thought of kleins as made for electricians.
    I'm sure it's a liability thing, and also maybe a way to coerce you into buying the "voltage-rated" tools (way more expensive). The Plasti-Dip folks can say that a layer of their product insulates (any rubber/vinyl coating does), but since the user applies the product, he is responsible for the correct application and suitability for a particular use - thus letting them off the hook.....

Quote Originally Posted by DDC_Dan View Post
    I'm sure it's a liability thing, and also maybe a way to coerce you into buying the "voltage-rated" tools (way more expensive). The Plasti-Dip folks can say that a layer of their product insulates (any rubber/vinyl coating does), but since the user applies the product, he is responsible for the correct application and suitability for a particular use - thus letting them off the hook.....
    Yea that sounds about right.

I saw a sparky work on 600V live with normal klein pliers. Any thing over 120V I turn off the breaker.....

Quote Originally Posted by eddiegoodfellar View Post
    I saw a sparky work on 600V live with normal klein pliers. Any thing over 120V I turn off the breaker.....
    I have used kleins to watch how far the arc will carry on oil burners, I think around 10000/8000V though the A potential is next to nothing I hear. Would a better safetey rating for tools be a VA rating?

Agreed.

Second thought, voltage could sum up a tools rating as it is not made to carrey current. Could a megger accuratly test a tool/boot for its insulation rating?

hmm....

Quote Originally Posted by Core_d View Post
    Second thought, voltage could sum up a tools rating as it is not made to carrey current. Could a megger accuratly test a tool/boot for its insulation rating?
    Absolutely!

Of course, it's a different thing to test from the shaft to a SINGLE point on the tool handle than it is to energize the shaft of the tool and wrap a big, sweaty palm around it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast