Chilled water closed loop

I am having a foaming discharge from my auto air purgers. Is this an indication of air infiltration?

Quote Originally Posted by crackerman View Post
    I am having a foaming discharge from my auto air purgers. Is this an indication of air infiltration?
    Either that or you popped a tube.

...Ron
    Roof Rat

We recently did a eddy currrant test on condensor side it did not indicate any negative results.

Not to say you do or do not have a tube leak, but a leak at or near the end of the tube probably won't show on an eddy current test. And a leak between the tube and the endsheet won't either. That foaming discharge from the air purgers could be caused by a number of things. Since we don't know what refrigerant your chiller has, or the application (comfort? process?), or if the system has been disturbed (opened for repairs?), or what your operating pressures are (possible pump shaft seal leak), it is difficult to think of all the possibilities.

Did you try and put a leak detector in the not so close proximity of the foaming air bleeder. What are your system pressures (water side) is any part of it below atmospheric pressure ?
    Once in a while everything falls into place and I am able to move forward, most of the time it just falls all over the place and I can't go anywhere-GEO