+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sefety glasses

Post Likes

Sefety glasses

What are guys wearing for safety glasses? Any good brand?

Post Likes
    I have prescription safety glasses I paid an arm and a leg for and I like them better than any "generic" safety glasses I have ever used. I wear them from the time I get out of the van until I get back in.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

Post Likes
    Harbor Freight Cheap-os.

They cost me about $4 a pair and I usually buy the dark ones and wear them as sunglasses.

I don't wear them ALL the time, although I know that I should.

Post Likes
    Here's what we have:

http://www.mcrsafety.com/index.php/g...safety_glasses

Clear and dark, grab them by the handfuls and they last 3-4 weeks each. I have been hit square in the glasses a few times and they hold up.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    We use ones from MCRSafety. Most of the guys including myself use the "Tribal" model. They come in clear and shaded lenses. I really like em.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    I have prescription safety glasses I paid an arm and a leg for and I like them better than any "generic" safety glasses I have ever used. I wear them from the time I get out of the van until I get back in.
    I have safety frames with snap on side guards, the Dr said I could only get transition and bifocal. He thought he should make the bifocal a little higher then normal. I hated them, now I have non safety transitions, with progressive lenses and they are nice. Only problem with transitions is they turn black on a roof, if you look inside the blower compartment you can not see very well, I have to keep a set of clear glasses with me as well.

Post Likes
    I had transitions for a week when they first came out and I returned them. I need bifocals, but I don't have them. I keep a pair of cheap reading glasses with me if I need them.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by aixha1969 View Post
    What are guys wearing for safety glasses? Any good brand?
    I had eye surgery and told to only wear Bolle as they are superior UV filtering lenses. Worn them for nine years every day. Different class.
    Bolle Viper Smoked lens (Blue) safety gasses.

By coincidence, just took delivery of seven pair, just in case they discontinue them.
    Recommended 100%.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Post Likes
    I wear Elvex RX-300, they have a bi-focal in the bottom of the lens, and come tinted or untinted. When they get all scratched up I toss them. I buy them on-line from SafetyGlassesUSA dot com

Post Likes
    I traded out with an opthamologists for him to check my prescription and hook me up with safety rated glasses.

They are made by Bolle and are wrap style sunglasses frames with clear lenses that transition very quickly from completely clear to shaded but not super dark shaded like real sunglasses, just enough to knock down the sun so I don't squint but can still see if I pop into a crawl hole or something. I've loved them so far and also wear them cycling, I recommend getting a neoprene strap that will snug your glasses against your head if you are doing something where they could fall a long ways or you are moving very quickly.

It might look a little different but when you're covered in oil, pipe dope, grease, etc, it's not like your safety glasses and strap will make a difference.

Had I paid for them it would have been in the $600 range.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Refrigerant dont like lenses I have several pair of glasses that have been destroyed by refrigerant getting on my lenses.
    ®

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Trehak01 View Post
    Refrigerant dont like lenses I have several pair of glasses that have been destroyed by refrigerant getting on my lenses.
    Better than your eyes!

I took a face full of POE oil spray Thursday and just had to wipe my glasses off, they were still good.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mason View Post
    Better than your eyes!

I took a face full of POE oil spray Thursday and just had to wipe my glasses off, they were still good.

I agree.

I can't say that I've ever ruined a pair of glasses from oil/refrigerant spray, but I also try to not to make a practice of spraying myself in the face with refrigerant and oil...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    I agree.

I can't say that I've ever ruined a pair of glasses from oil/refrigerant spray, but I also try to not to make a practice of spraying myself in the face with refrigerant and oil...
    Haha it wasn't one of my better moments. Pulled the 410-a to pressure check a system and had it down to 5psi, went to pull the schrader and did suction first, there was a lot of oil just sitting at the valve and enough pressure to spray me.

The really dumb part was I spent 2 hours on this new install just to call around and find out no one had set the charge. It didn't have a leak, it was 5lbs low. My ticket said two other techs had confirmed the charge. Added the refrigerant and all was good... minus me sprayed down with oil : ).

Post Likes
    Got to be careful with getting oil in your eyes. One of the guys at work is also with the Fire department. He got hydraulic fluid in his eyes at an accident site and didn't wash it out. Thought he was going to loose his sight, he now wears glasses, as it changed his eyes.

Post Likes
    Anybody not wearing safety glasses when there is a hazzard is taking a risk that just aint worth taking.
    One second and life can change without sight.

Post Likes
    whenever I'm doing something that could be hazardous to my eyes.

I just close them.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase Loss View Post
    whenever I'm doing something that could be hazardous to my eyes.

I just close them.
    That gets my vote for the most unhelpful comment of the year.

21. Likes ckartson liked this post.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in