Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Sefety glasses

Post Likes
    Seen some safety equiptment years ago in a clip used by 2nd and 3rd world countries , one was a guy wrapping his whole head in Saran Wrap several times with slits under his nose to breath, I believe he was operating a grinder.

Another one was a guy using cardboard with elastic bands that mounted on his head as a shield protecting his face with slits for his dark glasses and a cut mark in the cardboard to spread the cardboard to breath but to protect his nose from a grinder or as a welders mask.

Another one was a thick piece of styrofoam on top of his head with a elastic strap going under his chin to hold it in place. It was being used as a hard hat

2. Likes Ernest Crossman liked this post
    Post Likes
    Sunglasses with uv protection. I used to wear just plain old plastic goggles over them for cutting with a sawzall overhead but rarely do that anymore since I don't install much anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes

Post Likes
    i have prescription ones

Post Likes
    Prescription glasses are best.

Post Likes
    Where do you get those? I have a pair of safety bifocals (over the counter but I can't find any more of them.

Quote Originally Posted by madhat View Post
    I wear Elvex RX-300, they have a bi-focal in the bottom of the lens, and come tinted or untinted. When they get all scratched up I toss them. I buy them on-line from SafetyGlassesUSA dot com
    ckartson
    I didn't write the book I just read it!

Post Likes
    Safety Glasses USA dot com. The Chums all cotton retainers and the synthetic Chums that look the same fit the Elvex glasses. Also they usually give you a cloth bag for your glasses, you should order an extra bag to have protection for tinted and non-tinted glasses.
    I only have to make it work till I retire.

Post Likes
    I wear prescription glasses...not full on safety but are on the larger size so they do a good job. There are times I would like to wear a mask but don't due to fogging up.

Post Likes
    Just remember any safety gear your employer should buy for you. If you ask them for it and they don't get it for you and he get hurt because you didn't have it well they now have a huge problem.
    UA Proud

"Phfft! Facts. You can use them to prove anything." Homer Simpson

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234