Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

Wet bulb thermother

What would be the best wet bulb thermother? I heard 605-H2 is pretty good!

Post Likes
    I use a Cooper SRH77A, can't comment if it's the best but I like it just fine!

Post Likes
    Might take a look at the Fieldpiece SDP 2 dual probe. Wet bulb Dry Bulb and reads out enthalpy and delta enthalpy/ Looks promising.

Aircraft Mechanical Accessories Technician. The Air Force changed the job title to Air Craft Environmental Systems Technician. But I've decided I'll always be a Mech Acc.

Post Likes
    Fluke 971 works good for me

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatotherguy View Post
    What would be the best wet bulb thermother?
    A wet bulb thermother sounds like a hot mama in a wet t-shirt contest. Oh, you meant thermometer.

Post Likes
    hvacrmedic, you once explained

what the +1 digit meant in pressure accuracy. Could you explain again or help me find the older thread.
    "Lies have to be covered up... the truth can run around naked!"
    Johnny Cash - Farmer's Almanac

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by penderway View Post
    hvacrmedic, you once explained

what the +1 digit meant in pressure accuracy. Could you explain again or help me find the older thread.
    That means that the digit to the far right of the display can be off by that much in addition to the percentage of possible error listed.

Post Likes
    Ok so in addition to the % possible error, a reading of 1.15 can be off by 0.05 or is it 0.01.

In other words, do we disregard the least significant digit altogether or just by one value?
    "Lies have to be covered up... the truth can run around naked!"
    Johnny Cash - Farmer's Almanac

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatotherguy View Post
    What would be the best wet bulb thermometer? I heard 605-H2 is pretty good!
    If you are going to do heating efficiency calculations for the new standards for rebates make sure that it will do temperatures above 100 degrees. Some do not.
    Aircraft Mechanical Accessories Technician. The Air Force changed the job title to Air Craft Environmental Systems Technician. But I've decided I'll always be a Mech Acc.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by penderway View Post
    Ok so in addition to the % possible error, a reading of 1.15 can be off by 0.05 or is it 0.01.

In other words, do we disregard the least significant digit altogether or just by one value?
    Off by 0.05 would be +/-5 digits, Off by 0.01 would be +/- 1 digit (which I haven't seen at that resolution). Usually when you see +/- 1 digit the resolution is only 0.1, and would be equivalent to +/- 10 digits with a resolution of 0.01.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyhawk07 View Post
    I think SRH77A is really good. I have good experience to use this one.
    It is better than 605-H2 and have some good usefulness advantages.
    You can opt it easily.
    For air conditioning checks it's very good. However if you want to do heating BTUH calculations the temperatures will be too high and it goes out of range.

Post Likes
    I have a used testo wb thermometer

Post Likes
    I have used the Testo Humidity stick, which I believe is the 605-H1. It looks exactly like the 605-H2, but it runs on AAA batteries. I believe the H2 runs on button cells. They may have changed due to poor battery cover performance. Mine has been draped in blue masking tape from day one to keep the batteries from popping out. After you are done being ticked off about the batteries and duct tape on your expensive new toy, it works pretty well.The H1 is compact and great for shoving in a grill or drilling a hole in a plenum and dropping in. My unit is dreadfully slow at registering temps, but I have no comparisons. If you stick it in a grill to get a temp, come back in 5 minutes.
    I recently thought about buying a new unit as my old one is getting pretty ragged, but when I saw that the new ones were those infernal button cell batteries, I canceled the order. Anyone had any luck with the button cells on the new Testo?
    I recently bought a Fieldpiece Humidity stick. Can't remember the model, but it is a pen sized unit that displays rh/wb/db. Runs on a single AA or AAA Cost was $66 and the display is very small. WB/DB are measured in full degrees, not tenths. In my opinion, it is the wet bulb equivalent of the fieldpiece pocketknife style thermometer; You are cursing while you're using it, but glad you have it over nothing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast