Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PDF file for Testo gauges.

I got a set of testo gauges in the service truck but i believe them to be out of whack. I also have no idea how to change refer etc. No one else in the company wants to use them or knows how.

Do I just use ice water to make sure the temp sensors are right?

Just use virgin refer to make sure the psi is right?

If you found them on the ground what steps would you take to make sure they are 100%?

I have nitro them and they don't leak. They are the lower model with sight glass not 100% of model but I know they are under $300 so lower end.

Are they the 550's? Take picture and post.

The best way to calibrate Testo digital gauges is to send them. You may be charged a small fee but they will calibrate them and you will be all good to go.

Yes the 550 3 port ones.

My thermometer says 72f the Testo -16f think its a little off.
    I am dying to try a set of digi cools cause my first impression is these suck and are very hard to navigate threw the menus.

So does anyone have the PDF for the 550??

Where is hvac5646 when you need em

PDF file for Testo gauges.

http://trutechguy.files.wordpress.co...qanda-rev1.pdf

Check that link. It's a PDF to FAQ.

You may also find a link to their instruction manual on the Testo website.

Told the owner the 550 didn't have a built in micron gauge.

So how do I switch from 410 to R22??

I have to send these in to calibrate the temp probes?

Can you adjust these yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMech View Post
    Told the owner the 550 didn't have a built in micron gauge.

I have to send these in to calibrate the temp probes?

Can you adjust these yourself?
    I don't think that thermistors can be calibrated.

Try a new sensor. If that fails, send the unit in for service.

Page 12:

http://www.testo.com/online/embedded...01x_enx_06.pdf

My thermometer says 72f the Testo -16f think its a little off.
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    I don't think that thermistors can be calibrated.

Try a new sensor. If that fails, send the unit in for service.

Agree. "Calibrate" is when the sensor is two or three degrees off. Even if you could calibrate them, you're looking at an 88 degree offset? Your reading indicates a bad sensor, cable, or connector most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by DDC_Dan View Post
    Agree. "Calibrate" is when the sensor is two or three degrees off. Even if you could calibrate them, you're looking at an 88 degree offset? Your reading indicates a bad sensor, cable, or connector most likely.
    How are you coming to this conclusion? Mind sharing how you decide it was the sensor or connector?

Just read the PDF...they cleaned up the techno babble very well.

John Bickers said they were going to re-do the 570 manual ...guess I forgot about it...well, better late than never.

Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    How are you coming to this conclusion? Mind sharing how you decide it was the sensor or connector?
    No, I don't mind at all. First, I said "most likely", so I meant that there certainly could be another issue that would cause the problem, such as defective circuitry in the main unit itself. While possible, it is not nearly as common as the possibilities I mentioned.

After installing literally thousands of thermistor-based sensors over the years, I have found that if an individual thermistor was off by more than a very few degrees, it was damaged or defective. I certainly have tried calibrating such thermistors, but the calibration would then match only at that one temperature - in other words the sensor curve was way off and it would read funny at any other temp. If the OP offset his reading from -16 so that it read 72 degrees (by adding an 88 deg offset), would you have any confidence that it was accurate at any other temp? Not me.

Lastly, by connector I meant the receiving connector on the main unit. It is not uncommon to accidentally damage the connector by yanking on it (like if you dropped the gauges and grabbed it by the sensor cable in an attempt to keep it from falling off the roof). The test would be to substitute a known good sensor. I suppose if the good sensor didn't work you wouldn't know if it was the connector ir something else internal to the gauge, but either way your looking at returning it for repair.....

Does that help?

No, I don't mind at all. First, I said "most likely", so I meant that there certainly could be another issue that would cause the problem, such as defective circuitry in the main unit itself. While possible, it is not nearly as common as the possibilities I mentioned.

After installing literally thousands of thermistor-based sensors over the years, I have found that if an individual thermistor was off by more than a very few degrees, it was damaged or defective. I certainly have tried calibrating such thermistors, but the calibration would then match only at that one temperature - in other words the sensor curve was way off and it would read funny at any other temp. If the OP offset his reading from -16 so that it read 72 degrees (by adding an 88 deg offset), would you have any confidence that it was accurate at any other temp? Not me.

Lastly, by connector I meant the receiving connector on the main unit. It is not uncommon to accidentally damage the connector by yanking on it (like if you dropped the gauges and grabbed it by the sensor cable in an attempt to keep it from falling off the roof). The test would be to substitute a known good sensor. I suppose if the good sensor didn't work you wouldn't know if it was the connector ir something else internal to the gauge, but either way your looking at returning it for repair.....

Does that help?
    Immensely. Thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast