+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Larger Carrier/Bryant heat ex. replaceable in sections?

Post Likes

Larger Carrier/Bryant heat ex. replaceable in sections?

I have a M# 580DPV090180ACAA that has rusted through on the right 4 tubes. The left 3 are ok and actually look newer. This would lead me to believe that the two sections can be replaced separately. Do I have this correct? I have not changed out a heat exchanger on a Carrier RTU in some years. Does it just slide out the front burner area? Approximately how many labor hours should be allowed? Thanks for any input.
    Helgy

Stupid is as stupid does. Don't be stupid!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by helgy View Post
    I have a M# 580DPV090180ACAA that has rusted through on the right 4 tubes. The left 3 are ok and actually look newer. This would lead me to believe that the two sections can be replaced separately. Do I have this correct? I have not changed out a heat exchanger on a Carrier RTU in some years. Does it just slide out the front burner area? Approximately how many labor hours should be allowed? Thanks for any input.
    The right 4 tubes are more likely the second pass on the Hx. I've replaced bunches and bunches of them, easy replacement as long as you are patient. It will come in one piece, make sure that you inspect all other parts to the heat exchanger, the inducer wheel, any plates, inshot burners, baffles, covers, etc. They sell the parts seperately.

...Ron
    Roof Rat

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in