Thread: New to this sit

New to this sit

Hey what's up all. The names jason and am from Minnesota. Getting ready to finish school from Hvac this spring and then get into the field. I chose this field because I like to fix, build and troubleshoot things. I already have my EPA universal certification, and have a maintenance and carpentry back ground. Looking for support once I get in the field and this seemed like a good place to get it. Any comments or advice on what to expect when I get in the field would be greatly appreciated. I look forward to your guys help and advice. Cheers.

Just remember you don't know anything right now, you think you do but the real world is way different. Your going to have good days and bad just keep your head up. If you get your post count up to 15 you can apply for pro membership and get better info.

Welcome to the world of siting! That's a long time to stand! Just kidding. Welcome you will learn a lot here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

the sit; yeah, I can do that............................

welcome aboard, work on that post count and get it up and apply for pro, so when you need details you can get them behind the veil.

if you really want to stop the poking about the title; hit that little triangle on lower left and beg an admin to correct.
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

This sit is why I carry a Homer bucket with a lid.

Also serves as convenient step stool.

Thanks for the welcome fellas. Looking forward to learning the "reality" of this trade we chose.My grandfather was a sheetmetal engineer his entire career, and I have a cousin who has been in the biz for sometime, so I know a little about what to expect. Having said that, I'm here to get every edge I can get, and appreciate the comments and advice.....even the ribbing. I meant to spell site later.

Just Remember that there will always be something for you to learn. Keep searching for new things. Even those of us who have been doing this for a long time have things to learn. like how to setup an ipad to run a thermostat

welcome aboard Jason....This is a great site to absorb a lot of experience in the hvacr field. Ask and you shall recieve.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty hvac View Post
    Welcome to the world of siting! That's a long time to stand! Just kidding. Welcome you will learn a lot here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    lmao
    Heating/Cooling Services Inc.
    www.andersonhvacservice.com

Being that I'm a newbie to this site, and having limited access I'm not quite sure where I can post to get my post count up to apply for pro membership. I have a "technical substance" question or post and I'm not sure where to post it. I was over at my buddy's house the other day and he is thinking about replacing his thermostat. He has a newer high efficency American standard furnace, along with a American standard thermostat, in which he said the Tstat has been acting funny,intermittingly. I took a look, he had a power outage the about two weeks ago he told me, and realized his schedule on the Tstat were all at the default settings, do we changed them back to what they were and that explains that. My question is this, he had a 3 wire Tstat with terminals D, R,& B, with a 4th wire which was white not hooked up to anything. Is this some sort of data communicating Tstat or something because I have never heard of a d terminal on a Tstat before. Just curious. Any thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated.

questions you have that are technical can be put in the tech to tech forum, but the answers will be sort of vague.

you can use the general forum
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.