My glib theory about recent gun control

I think we all agree there is nothing unusual about seeing attacks on the Constitution when ever a Democrat becomes President, but i think this recent gun control effort is something new.

Obama has hired the top Commie-Nazis, Cheif Kelly(ny) and Cheif Bratton(la) to start looking into ways to ignore the Second Amendment.

Cheif Bratton has stated, before the meeting, that gun control support from the public is only about 30%, the lowest it's been in ages. Bratton has stated that he doesn't think anything serious will pass through government.

...but have we forgotten who we are dealing with?
    Obama pushed the health-care bill through which was a highly unconstitutional piece of legislation that forces the public to buy services from private companies.
    the fact is , our government has failed, ...all three branches of government failed to protect our rights.

Why would we think the government is going to respect gun rights?

I predict gun control laws will pass, and it's the beginning of many that will come over the next decade.

My theory is , the government is motivated because it knows our economy is not coming back.
    America's missing economy is now known as the Chinese middle class.
    How is that going to come back?
    You can listen to economists in suits tell you stories about how The Wizard will release the flying monkeys, and they're going to bring back gold bars from down the yellow brick road ...all you want, but to me , their words mean nothing.

The fact is, our current policy means disastar.
    This started, at least , back in the 80's when Federal Reserve Chairman Paul Vlocker said "the standard of living for Americans must decline" ( ...and he was re appointed by Reagan)

As the country continues to decline, people are going to want to get violent, and the government is going to want more people disarmed.

the only way gun control will work is if there is a federal registry of guns.

It has already started with NYS. Every other state is waiting to see what will happen to the Safe Act. If it stands up to scrutiny other states will try and pass similar laws. IF the NYS Court deems the law unconstitutional and enjoins the law, that will send a loud message to the rest of the states to be careful what legislation they try to pass.

I don't think Americans realize just how critical NYS is to THEIR future.
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

Quote Originally Posted by wolfstrike View Post
    I think we all agree there is nothing unusual about seeing attacks on the Constitution when ever a Democrat becomes President, but i think this recent gun control effort is something new.

Obama has hired the top Commie-Nazis, Cheif Kelly(ny) and Cheif Bratton(la) to start looking into ways to ignore the Second Amendment.

Cheif Bratton has stated, before the meeting, that gun control support from the public is only about 30%, the lowest it's been in ages. Bratton has stated that he doesn't think anything serious will pass through government.

...but have we forgotten who we are dealing with?
    Obama pushed the health-care bill through which was a highly unconstitutional piece of legislation that forces the public to buy services from private companies.
    the fact is , our government has failed, ...all three branches of government failed to protect our rights.

Why would we think the government is going to respect gun rights?

I predict gun control laws will pass, and it's the beginning of many that will come over the next decade.

My theory is , the government is motivated because it knows our economy is not coming back.
    America's missing economy is now known as the Chinese middle class.
    How is that going to come back?
    You can listen to economists in suits tell you stories about how The Wizard will release the flying monkeys, and they're going to bring back gold bars from down the yellow brick road ...all you want, but to me , their words mean nothing.

The fact is, our current policy means disastar.
    This started, at least , back in the 80's when Federal Reserve Chairman Paul Vlocker said "the standard of living for Americans must decline" ( ...and he was re appointed by Reagan)

As the country continues to decline, people are going to want to get violent, and the government is going to want more people disarmed.
    No doubt in my mind that your theory is most likely a big part of the gun control picture. We, the citizens outnumber the government by many millions and we are armed. So, if you want to move the government away from freedom and towards some form of social welfare and more government control it is safer to do so when your opposition is unarmed. Other world governments have and are facing violence in the streets and our government knows that it could happen here as well. So, they are arming themselves while disarming the citizens.

I think you are on the right track with your thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    the only way gun control will work is if there is a federal registry of guns.

It has already started with NYS. Every other state is waiting to see what will happen to the Safe Act. If it stands up to scrutiny other states will try and pass similar laws. IF the NYS Court deems the law unconstitutional and enjoins the law, that will send a loud message to the rest of the states to be careful what legislation they try to pass.

I don't think Americans realize just how critical NYS is to THEIR future.
    If the Supreme Court follows through with their prior Second Amendment decisions they will shoot down these new laws including any form of registration. The court has ruled that the Second Amendment applies as the other nine do to individuals rights. We have the right to own firearms. The court has also ruled what kind of firearms we can own. The court has determined that we have the right to own "commonly owned" firearms. Well, semiauto weapons are very, very common and have been every since they hit the market. In addition, 20 and 30 and larger magazine clips are also very common and have been since available. Now to solidify this we have the recent run on semiauto firearms and high capacity magazines as further evidence.

So, if the Supreme Court is consistent with their prior rulings on firearms they will have to knock down laws such as NY state has just passed. And, we already have a case or two in NY that could be sent up the ladder for the SC to rule on.

Hugh B

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    if the Supreme Court is consistent with their prior rulings on firearms they will have to knock down laws such as NY state has just passed.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

the recent ruling by the Supreme Court was not a good thing.
    yes, it could have been a lot worse, but the fact remains, it was not good.

during the propaganda from the Civil War when the country became federalized, the Federal government told people they were going to "enforce the Bill of Rights in the states"
    in the recent Supreme Court ruling, the Supreme Court claimed "state's rights", and ruled that gun control was up to the states, which means their defenition of gun ownership as an individual right...is powerless.
    What the Supreme Court did was release themselves of having to enforce the ability of every citizen in good standing to own weapons

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    If the Supreme Court follows through with their prior Second Amendment decisions they will shoot down these new laws including any form of registration. The court has ruled that the Second Amendment applies as the other nine do to individuals rights. We have the right to own firearms. The court has also ruled what kind of firearms we can own. The court has determined that we have the right to own "commonly owned" firearms. Well, semiauto weapons are very, very common and have been every since they hit the market. In addition, 20 and 30 and larger magazine clips are also very common and have been since available. Now to solidify this we have the recent run on semiauto firearms and high capacity magazines as further evidence.

So, if the Supreme Court is consistent with their prior rulings on firearms they will have to knock down laws such as NY state has just passed. And, we already have a case or two in NY that could be sent up the ladder for the SC to rule on.

Hugh B
    although I agree with you 100%, we are talking about NYS, were common sense has been absent for some time now. Even with (an estimated) 30 case laws in evidence, we are still holding are breath as no one ever knows how a judge is going to rule. And if Emperor Cuomo "gets to" one of the judges this could turn into a very ugly situation.
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions