Bryant rooftop unit 558JP06G000A2A0AAA

The bryant web site has no info. Init not cooling well and freezing top and bottom of evap.

This is an R410a unit with a speed controler that controls the compressor and the condenser fan.
    OAT 75 degrees F
    RH 44%
    Suction 88.1 PSI @ 707 degrees F
    Liquid line going into evap at service port 280.6 PSI @ 91.4

It has been awhile since I had to use a charging chart so I am rusty but it looks like the suction pressure should be closer to 130 PSI. Based on my experience with 410a that sounds right. 280 sounds low on the high side to me but since it has variable speed on the condenser fan and compressor I don't know what effect that would have on the pressures and temps.

Quote Originally Posted by gsxrsquid View Post
    The bryant web site has no info.
    I sent you some reading material - check your in box.
    Instead of learning the tricks of the trade, learn the trade.

thanks! I found that out. NOTHING on the site!

whoever installed it left the cap off the liquid line service port so I am hoping that is where the gas went.

What's sh and sc?

SH was over 50 and SC was about 3

Yep it was low on charge all right. Both cap tubes from the TXV had been rubbing together near the sensing bulb and the bult lost it's charge and then the wear caused the machine charge to slowly escape.a tiny oil spray gave it away. I put a new power head on the TXV and brazed up the leak on the sensing line. Pull a vacuum, weigh in the charge and bobs your uncle.

Quote Originally Posted by gsxrsquid View Post
    The bryant web site has no info. Init not cooling well and freezing top and bottom of evap.

This is an R410a unit with a speed controler that controls the compressor and the condenser fan.
    OAT 75 degrees F
    RH 44%
    Suction 88.1 PSI @ 707 degrees F
    Liquid line going into evap at service port 280.6 PSI @ 91.4

It has been awhile since I had to use a charging chart so I am rusty but it looks like the suction pressure should be closer to 130 PSI. Based on my experience with 410a that sounds right. 280 sounds low on the high side to me but since it has variable speed on the condenser fan and compressor I don't know what effect that would have on the pressures and temps.
    uh that model# is a standard RTU with the "perfect humidity" option. Sounds like a motormaster option was added for the condenser fans, but there is no speed control as you say it on the compressor. It's just a standard scroll compressor

I would recommend pulling your charge, and then pressure testing with nitro, and finding your leak.( sounds like you already found ) Repair the leak!. Pull a vacuum and charge as per nameplate, if their is no charge amount on nameplate call them.. If you cannot get any more info pm me and I will find your proper charge as per your model number.