New A/C condenser – A/C company wants to install the pad afterward!

Hello,
    I just had a new Rheem 13AJN condenser unit installed last week on the flat concrete slab I have behind my bedroom wall (Exactly where the old unit was) and the A/C company scheduled a City inspection. Yesterday, when the inspector looked at the condenser, he advised me that it was not installed 3 inches above ground.

I spoke with the A/C company and they said they will send the crew and will just raise the unit & slip a 3 inch concrete pad under the condenser. The refrigerant copper line is about 1 foot above ground coming out of the wall and going at a 40-45 degree angle as it connects to the unit and it’s about 16 inches long. Is this going to damage the line? Should they disconnect the line and redo the A/C connection? The company is very reputable….but I’m just a little nervous!!

Thanks in advance!

I hope I attached the picture correctly to this post.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Don't even mention disconnecting and redoing the connection! If they know anything, they will handle it, no sweat. pun intended. It will move the unit out from the wall a little to accommodate for the gentle sweep of the copper. Remember, the copper they used is flexible so it will probably won't even take them all of 5 min to slip the slab underneath.

Not a problem as long as they are careful. Are they using some sort of vibration isolation pad(s)? Metal on concrete can cause some noise plus tends to chip paint. We use poly pads instead of concrete.
    A good HVAC tech knows how, an educated HVAC tech knows why!

DEM

Thanks so much guys, that makes me feel better, I will ask them to use some kind of vibration pad to make sure I don't end up with any noise issue.

Thanks again!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AH2 View Post
    Hello,
    I just had a new Rheem 13AJN condenser unit installed last week on the flat concrete slab I have behind my bedroom wall (Exactly where the old unit was) and the A/C company scheduled a City inspection. Yesterday, when the inspector looked at the condenser, he advised me that it was not installed 3 inches above ground.

I spoke with the A/C company and they said they will send the crew and will just raise the unit & slip a 3 inch concrete pad under the condenser. The refrigerant copper line is about 1 foot above ground coming out of the wall and going at a 40-45 degree angle as it connects to the unit and it’s about 16 inches long. Is this going to damage the line? Should they disconnect the line and redo the A/C connection? The company is very reputable….but I’m just a little nervous!!

Thanks in advance!

I hope I attached the picture correctly to this post.
    Reputable does not equate to knowledgable, this requirement was added to the 2009 code, they should have known better