+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going to start on this one soon.

Post Likes

Going to start on this one soon.

First solo geo job. Should be fun! Should get started next week. Loop guy should be there by then, if the weather cooperates.
    Coming out is 1972 vintage bryant 80%ers. Nice duct systems, not changing much of that.

Going in is 2 Bryant Evolution 98% furnaces/controls and coils, 2 of Waterfurnace's 26 eer units. Pairing the desuperheaters, one loop, one flow center hardest part is going to be getting my lineset upstairs..

Ill update this with pictures as things progress.

Post Likes
    make sure you use the proper lines. if you go over 60' i think. you need to upsize to a 1/2" liquid line.

good luck. it will be a fun job

Post Likes
    add some ball valves in the geo supply and returns to set the flow. i used a WF solenoid on my lines so i didn't have water flow in the unit thats off.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gravity View Post
    make sure you use the proper lines. if you go over 60' i think. you need to upsize to a 1/2" liquid line.

good luck. it will be a fun job
    Should be good on that, Shouldn't be no more than 25 feet to the upstairs. Basement one is right next to the geo's.

Yes I will have ball valves after the flowcenter. Loop guy does all that, or at least he said he likes to. Supposedly does pretty tidy work. I hope so!

Post Likes
    Here is the downstairs unit that comes out. Unhooked the ac today and measured it up for the transitions and return drop. 1986 Bryant, never had gas added. Not a bad install at all minus the wild drip leg ha! EAC was long ago switched over to media filters, as most are.
    Think I am going to reuse the lineset for the upstairs, or well what is in the wall going up there. Need to get at least a 4 wire stat wire up there though to run the geo.

Post Likes
    Got the desuperheaters plumbed. No leaks.

Post Likes
    Is that soft copper? Looks good. Boss has our guys use pex for desuperheater. Looks like crap. I'm anxious to see your linesets. I've never been happy with mine on those split systems.

Sent from my USCCADR6230US using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    Yeah, just 5/8 lineset left overs.... Bending it saves using fittings.. Only used 4 street 90's and 3 tees. Plus my shutoff's and check valves.

Post Likes
    looks real good!

Post Likes

Couple of twins I picked up today, damn 5 ton coils are big! Got all my sheet metal made, gonna change the downstairs unit tomorrow. Upstairs maybe thursday.

Post Likes
    Took me a day and a half by myself to get the basement furnace changed and lineset ran, nim control, and flues ran outside. Working on the upstairs unit tomorrow. Loop guy supposed to be there tomorrow as well.

Post Likes
    Upstairs unit didn't turn out real great, no room and no where to get my flues out except one place. Just wasn't real happy with it.

I also learned that from now on I am running the hoses from the pump to the unit. This is an absolute joke. Excuse, "That was all I could do with the hose that was there" Well go buy more GD hose!!! Makes me sick! I tried to keep everything neat and straight with the world, and he stacks this **** on it....

Post Likes
    Ya that source side piping is bad!! Going to want to check flows on each unit not piped right in my opinion

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JCT View Post
    Ya that source side piping is bad!! Going to want to check flows on each unit not piped right in my opinion
    Same.

Last time I did a 2 systems off 1 loop, we use 2 pump stations and branched off before the stations.

Hate to say this, but you can't use a street 90 on your gas line on your first floor unit.

Your work is beautiful though.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyed View Post
    Upstairs unit didn't turn out real great, no room and no where to get my flues out except one place. Just wasn't real happy with it.

I also learned that from now on I am running the hoses from the pump to the unit. This is an absolute joke. Excuse, "That was all I could do with the hose that was there" Well go buy more GD hose!!! Makes me sick! I tried to keep everything neat and straight with the world, and he stacks this **** on it....
    wow that sucks, you nailed it on all your stuff! I know the perfectionist in you doesn't like the upstairs one but it still turned out well, sometimes there's just not enough space to be perfect.

Do you have one of those heat welder tools(don't know real term) for fusing the plastic pipes together, my last company had that so we could put 90's in and make it all clean and professional. Definitely don't leave it to someone else because it's hard to find anybody that cares, if I had been that guy there is no way I would've butchered your job like that, I would've come back with the right stuff even if it meant I got a chewing.

Post Likes
    Is it just hard to see the filter drier for the downstairs system?

Post Likes
    That's because there isn't one! I did add one, but it was after the pic was taken.

Customer isn't real happy with the source lines, gonna call the loop guy back and see what he will do.

Numbers for the geo's seem to be spot on with it plumbed that way.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacvegas View Post
    Hate to say this, but you can't use a street 90 on your gas line on your first floor unit.
    Why in the world not? Been using street 90's for a long time.

Post Likes
    AS I understand it... Street fittings, along with reducing bushings... are a no-no according to natl gas code. Not sure why... however they are.

Anyone know the details of this code?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *The value of comfort, over the long term; leave economic choices behind!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyed View Post
    Got the desuperheaters plumbed. No leaks.

I was under the impression that you cannot use a gas hot water heater with a desuperheater? Maybe I am ms-led?
    As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another Proverbs 27:17 NIV84

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in