Cool amer. standard air handler heat locking out.

Ok i have a customer that i installed one of the new trane, amer. standard with 19 kw heaters with. The unit has worked like a dream through summer and winter until now. They live far away from me and i am trying to find out if i am correct on my over the phone diagnostic. I have a honeywell visionpro heat pump stat. All is sized correctly and wired correctly. Long story short. The heat pump runs fine, but all my strip heaters in the ahu, seemed to lock out the other day. this includes the emergency heat. I had customer reset line voltage to the unit, and all was well for 5 days. It did it again today. I had customer change the filter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. "totally caked" he said over the phone. Does this ahu have a hard lockout if the strip heaters cycle off of the limit possibly more than once during a cycle. Hence the dirty filter. I have the manual at the job, or i wouldnt be begging for a reply. Thanks in advance.

which model TAM unit? Do you have access to comfortsite? It's possible the limits are open.

Quote Originally Posted by heresjohnnyb View Post
    Ok i have a customer that i installed one of the new trane, amer. standard with 19 kw heaters with. Does this ahu have a hard lockout if the strip heaters cycle off of the limit possibly more than once during a cycle.
    I sent you an email to look at - check your inbox.
    Instead of learning the tricks of the trade, learn the trade.

gravity i do have access to comfortsite, but its been a while and gotta remember the password lol.im trying to round up my actual #'s for the equipment. Rundawg, thanks for the info. Do you think that by cycling the power off and back on would reset the zeller relay. i seem to think it is a good possibility that it would.

well it looks like the non cyclic, answered my question about resetiing from cycling power. Im thinking that this isnt what is causing the heaters to lock out. ok found it. model# aam7a0c42h31saa and the 20k heater kit. Can yall find me the ahu service and install pdf for the ahu. i want to review the diagnostics bayevbc20bk1aaa

Quote Originally Posted by heresjohnnyb View Post
    ok found it. model# aam7a0c42h31saa and the 20k heater kit. Can yall find me the ahu service and install pdf for the ahu. i want to review the diagnostics bayevbc20bk1aaa

Check Your email.
    Instead of learning the tricks of the trade, learn the trade.

Doesn't the visionpro have a lock out setting where you can lock out aux heat above a selected outdoor temp?

Yes it does but that is for aux and not emergency

all heaters went out at this time, including emergency until power was cycled

Thanks rundawg. you da man.