Hmm Hello everyone i'm new to the game, need some guidence on the best study guide 4 Nate

Need your help

NATE tests are not nearly as hard as the licensing tests in Nebraska. From my experience taking the core, heat pump, gas furnace, and air distribution I can say that anyone that is competent in the field can pass them. Licensing tests on the other hand are very hard and I would rate NATE as just right.

So easy a cave man can do it!
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

To actually answer your question though. The best book for all the information and easiest to understand is "Modern Refrigeration and Air Conditioning". That is the study guide I used most.

Quote Originally Posted by Randoozle View Post
    To actually answer your question though. The best book for all the information and easiest to understand is "Modern Refrigeration and Air Conditioning". That is the study guide I used most.
    Good luck with that.
    My name is TooCoolforschool and I am a chronic over charger.

There are practice tests for free online to give you an idea of the kinds of questions. The actual tests are fairly straightforward, multiple choice and you only need 70% to pass. A competent tech will have no problem with it

Nate

Quote Originally Posted by Randoozle View Post
    NATE tests are not nearly as hard as the licensing tests in Nebraska. From my experience taking the core, heat pump, gas furnace, and air distribution I can say that anyone that is competent in the field can pass them. Licensing tests on the other hand are very hard and I would rate NATE as just right.
    I appreciate your response Randoozel, maybe I should make myself more clear. I am taking a crash course into Hvac at Mitchell Community College in there back to work program. Been in construction for 23 years want something more stable. I need to pass the nate test, the class is not giving me everything I need, so i'm looking for other resources.

Just looking for help is all.

Quote Originally Posted by toocoolforschool View Post
    Good luck with that.
    Your to awesome for me

When I wanted to move up from an installation tech to a service tech I had little to no experience with how the science and electrical side worked for heating and air conditioning. I did learn most of what I used to pass my NATE tests from the modern refrigeration book. Yes it may be big, but I chose each chapter that pertained to my specialty and studied it. I certainly did not read the whole book. In my opinion it is the best book when it comes to actually learning the information and how it works.

I also used a lot of the practice testing books but they did not help me a whole lot when it came to questions that wanted you to actually problem solve which requires you to know in detail how the system works.

Thank you Randoozle