robertshaw gas valve

robertshaw gas valve

A lady asked me to work on her heater. She had tried to repair it herself. she had gotten a new thermocouple and a new gas valve. She also put in her own propane tank. I put my manometer on the input and broke my gage. Found out she had not put on a gas regulator at the tank. Her brother changed over the knob from natural gas to propane on the gas control. On the first try he turn the nut below the place he should have taken off the cap that needed to to be reversed. First question is did he destroy the valve by doing this? Next question this valve is a robershaw 720cercs other number on the valve is 7A3 C4f-025 this is for a natural draft furnace. She did not buy the control from me and did not get any instructions with it. i am Not sure about adjustment of the manifold pressure on this type of valve? Any set up information would be appreciated. (She getting a pressure regulator for her tank). evet s

I would not do anything with the parts she supplied. If I was on the call her only choice would be that I put my parts on, set it up properly and give her a valid warranty on my parts...

Quote Originally Posted by Senior Tech View Post
    I would not do anything with the parts she supplied. If I was on the call her only choice would be that I put my parts on, set it up properly and give her a valid warranty on my parts...
    Ditto --- and I'd run that bad boy thru every test you can throw at it... just remember, no good deed goes unpunished.