Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 20
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    evansville indiana
    Posts
    943

    carrier 30rap040

    Any one have any info in nuisance t114 & t115 alerts ?

    Check machine out and cannot form a concrete conclusion.

    I didn't know if any bulletins exist that may end my search.

    All transducers thermisters flow approach charge exv check ok per manual....
    mikeacman

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dallas ,Texas
    Posts
    3,720
    Are the alarms happening close to the same time?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    evansville indiana
    Posts
    943
    Yes ...

    I do have a couple more t-115 but have had three 114&115 happen on the same day.

    I did notice today that from a startup circuit B did pretty good but the longer it ran the worse it got . I would end up with 3 degrees superheat ,my EXV at 8% (which is minimum ) and a cloudy sight glass.
    Subcool was within 5 degrees of normal ,running low actually ,
    Approach was around 7
    ewt 51
    lwt 48
    Sat suc 41
    return gas 44
    exv at 8%
    sat con 110...

    I verified the transducers and thermisters......
    I ran all the exv tests in the manual.
    I ran the exc to 0% ,killed power,unhooked it ,ran B in test ,pumped down and held.

    I have had about 8 t-115 and about 3 t114 lockouts in the last month .

    Then after unhooking my test equipment i restarted it and B ran for a half and hour with normal superheat and the valve at 50% +-5%....

    Its like the valve doesn't move at times and / or the control looses track of it....(.did i say that right)

    didn't really catch A doing much of anything odd today....
    mikeacman

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dallas ,Texas
    Posts
    3,720
    Is that both compressors running on circuit B?

    Waterside is all good and the strainer was clean?

    Flow is good?

    This an industrial process?

    Software version?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    evansville indiana
    Posts
    943
    Those conditions are with one compressor.
    It actually does better when the second one comes on, then returns to above state after it cycles off. The second compressor cycles on and off as load increases/ decreases and is on for about 20 min and off for 45 min or better . The load appeared to be pretty constant today.

    Cannot take a pressure drop today as zero taps are in place anywhere in the piping.

    Did not check the strainer yet ,when I had the machine at 70% my td was seven and so was my approach on both circuits. Could not shut it down as its for process, will need to find a down day to do so.

    This chiller feeds a tank with a secondary loop off of the tank ,there are no valves to modulate in the piping. I am gonna guess and say we have at least 300 + gallons of 35% dowfrost/ water in the loop.

    This is for process.

    I do not know my software version.
    mikeacman

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dallas ,Texas
    Posts
    3,720
    There should be some petes plugs inside the unit, but they need to be skinny needles.

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeacman View Post
    Those conditions are with one compressor.
    It actually does better when the second one comes on, then returns to above state after it cycles off. The second compressor cycles on and off as load increases/ decreases and is on for about 20 min and off for 45 min or better . The load appeared to be pretty constant today.

    Cannot take a pressure drop today as zero taps are in place anywhere in the piping.

    Did not check the strainer yet ,when I had the machine at 70% my td was seven and so was my approach on both circuits. Could not shut it down as its for process, will need to find a down day to do so.

    This chiller feeds a tank with a secondary loop off of the tank ,there are no valves to modulate in the piping. I am gonna guess and say we have at least 300 + gallons of 35% dowfrost/ water in the loop.

    This is for process.

    I do not know my software version.
    UA 100

    It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    evansville indiana
    Posts
    943
    That will happen the middle of next week ,,,have a good weekend....
    mikeacman

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Greenville SC
    Posts
    432
    I had one doing that same thing one time. It turned out to be a control problem, and I
    had to download a newer version of sortware. How old is the chiller? I would also get the level of glycol down to 30%.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Western KY
    Posts
    1,221
    Quote Originally Posted by chilbrig View Post
    I had one doing that same thing one time. It turned out to be a control problem, and I
    had to download a newer version of sortware. How old is the chiller? I would also get the level of glycol down to 30%.
    It's about 3 years old. Problem surfaced after a warranty micro channel coil replacement.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dallas ,Texas
    Posts
    3,720
    Yeah but that coil was only on circuit A right what affect would that happen on circuit B?


    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy knocker View Post
    It's about 3 years old. Problem surfaced after a warranty micro channel coil replacement.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Western KY
    Posts
    1,221
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas Duster View Post
    Yeah but that coil was only on circuit A right what affect would that happen on circuit B?
    None. That's just when it was detected.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dallas ,Texas
    Posts
    3,720
    Oh ok I misunderstood.
    Sorry


    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy knocker View Post
    None. That's just when it was detected.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    evansville indiana
    Posts
    943
    Next week we are going to verify the waterside and proceed from there....
    mikeacman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event